5 Filters

For Rippon (though others might be interested) re. our recent discussions: something good from Greer -

Hi R. I thought you might find this piece from the remarkable USAmerican asbergic seer interesting. He’s speaking of the same matters that we were in threads just below; but - as he’s so good and so very well-informed at - on a much longer timescale.

John Michael is one of the deep-seers from whom I get a good deal of my long-term (very long-term!) optimism about future life on Earth. Mam Gaia is nowhere near her end-of-life ‘pathway’ just yet - even if it happens that another of those big comet fragments through whose collective orbit the Earth passes twice a year should cause the same sort of upheavals as the two pieces which started and ended the Younger Dryas episode between twelve and eleven thousand years ago… even if one of those should strike us sometime soon, as Graham Hancock worries! :slight_smile:

Graham may worry; but Mam just shrugs and says: “I’ve already dealt with much worse: The Chicxulub asteroid, the Deccan Traps, their Siberian big brother, even the end-of-Permian extinction event; yet I’m still here, running the joint. Younger Dryas? Yeah, sure, I noticed it. Didn’t amount to much…”

Add in the deep-set notion in many ancient wisdom traditions of constant re-incarnation, and the mass death of many creatures seems less like an ultimate apocalypse, and more like a mass opportunity to get re-born and strive to do a better job than we did last time - as is the ultimate purpose of our immortal souls, I suspect - and you have ground for some degree of very long-term optimism; even though the next few decades look decidedly rocky… :innocent:

2 Likes

Yep, JMG is indeed (nearly) always very interesting.

But you say:

But it was just you, not we, who were talking about the future.

I myself am merely expressing my reservations about the apparent moral depravity of China and the undoubtable moral depravity of the UN and various NGOs.

At least America had the decency to make gain-of-function research illegal. China was doing that and has now lab-leaked covid upon the world.

It’s a compelling argument that the globalists are engaged in a project of population-control, and China takes centre stage in that project, in brutal ways.

I myself have said hardly anything about the future, except my tentative suggestion that the planet might easily be able to sustain several billion more if humanity can conduct itself better.

4 Likes

PS: The btl posts, as usual with JM’s strict moderation policy, is chocker with worthwhile material. The one from Patricia Matthews is a particular laugh, if you open the link she offers. More of a guffaw really, at the cloud-cuckoo technofetishism that JM mentions smilingly.

1 Like

You’ll notice that John offers a link to a paper which suggests that human population growth has already stopped, or is about to. Long on technospeak, but with a reassuring conclusion.

About China’s degree of ruthlessness, I can’t see a clear answer. I do, though, go on the assumption that all of humankind are essentially one species, and the ruthless criminality which is self-evident in the Anglozionist empire, and amongst the footloose globalist hyper-rich who are apparently behind the current covid scam, with its apparent depopulation agenda behind the poison-stabs… this same ruthlessness is right there amongst the Chinese, as they’re common clay with the rest of us.

I don’t like Chinese authoritarianism, particularly their dreadful social credit scheme, if it’s really as bad as Western propa-bleating makes out. But if you balance that with Godfree Roberts’ ‘Here Comes China’ news-series, you get a slightly sweeter picture. Not least because Godfree asserts that the CPC always does a lot of consultation, listening and responsive-tweaking of its policies with the rank-and-file Chinese. and that therefore - as he says - there’s a steady 80% approval rate amongst ordinary Chinese of their government. Sounds like a damned high percentage. The sort of cloud-cuckoo land figures that dictatorships claim when they run a piece of ‘democratic elections’ theatre. Godree is a Westerner, fluent in Mandarin, who’s been teaching at a Chinese uni. for many years; and he’s an enthusiast for the Chinese way. So, some discounting due, natch.

I think the fact remains, though: that we Westerners really know - and understand - very little at all about China. I am confident, though, that in playing realpolitik against the Anglozionists, they’re at least as subtle and far-seeing as their opponents, as are the current Russian leadership and intelligentsia. And - re my above remarks about the unity of human psychology - I’m confident that there are plenty of influencers in both states who have the measure of the Western counterparts, and who are equally if not more capable of ruthless realpolitik - like playing a deep chess/go game with the Western crooks scheming in Wuhan. And beating them. The true details of that story have yet to come out.

I suspect that it will turn out that Chinese playerz were onto the fun and games at Wuhan all along, and will turn out to have played the Westerners with consummate skill, even to the point of making us suffer much more from the covid scam than they have. Is that beastly ruthlessness? Yep. But they were in a kill-or-be-killed fix. So they did what they considered that they had to. That’s my guess for the moment, anyway.

3 Likes

Very thought provoking, thanks for sharing, spent a happy hour reading up on impact craters before replying.

I’m not sure the PLOS article is all that. Perhaps recent real world examples of statistical modeling has coloured my view…? Or maybe it was the throw away comment about “more people equals more Isaac Newtons” (paraphrase).

2 Likes

According to something I just saw, the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs hit the earth so hard that it tunneled 5 miles deep in less than a second, sent up a plume of material 6000 ft at Mach 7, and the earth rang like a bell for a million years.

Not 100% sure how much of that description is pure science or poetic license. But it was quite something!

Great essay RG - thanks for sharing.

Cheers
PP

1 Like

Oh wait, I just thought: weren’t you speaking, R, about how the Earth could sustain ten billion humans, presumably on an open-ended timescale (i.e. The Future) if we just managed ourselves properly. That would be speaking about the future, wouldn’t it, and what it’s likely to offer us in actual real conditions? Which is also what John Michael is speaking about… Check! :wink: :laughing:

Mmm,. not really, Rhis.

The Earth’s carrying capacity is a question for now, based on speculations about the future.

My central point is China’s apparent moral depravity.

I say ‘apparent’ to allow for your point that we may indeed be very ignorant of what’s really going on in China. Although, having said that, I can’t see how that documentary about China’s brutal campaign of abortions can allow any conclusion other than moral depravity.

The two examples of (apparent) moral depravity that I’ve cited are:

• China happily engages in gain-of-function research where the Americans have at least had the decency to make that illegal in their country.

• China’s past (and present?) brutal programme of population control.

The only connection with the future lies in the second allegation - that the reason China does that is because it holds a certain belief about the future, i.e. that the Earth’s carrying capacity requires a programme of population reduction by humanity.

My belief about the future happens to be different. But even if China’s belief is correct, then my contention simply becomes:

• China is morally depraved because it chooses a brutal strategy for addressing the problem (that it perceives) for the future, when there are plenty of humane ways to address that problem (or ‘problem’).

There are indeed such ways, R, I quite agree. Perhaps we have different levels of pessimism about whether hom sap is up to the job. I happen not to think that we are. We’ve had the technical means for a good while, and enough gathered information to see that overshoots do happen, and maybe we’re in one. So it might be prudent to restrain the numbers a bit - humanely, of course? But we don’t, and won’t, I surmise.

I don’t see any particular good in trying to make the planet accommodate ten billion of us, or even five. I think the Earth would thrive better with less of us, according to the size/number ratio that I mentioned above. I don’t see humankind as anything particularly special or important amongst the world’s creatures - though we sure think we are! :slight_smile:

But in any case, I think that the matter is out of our hands - as it is so often in reality, despite all our hilarious narcissism. The best future-peering that I know - TLTG - says spontaneous downturn soon, and I think we’re already seeing the early inklings of that. So - nasty transition, possibly; though quite possibly not, maybe just a quiet shrinkage for most regions; but the matter is taken care of anyway.

Regarding China: Indeed, the information you showed - if honest and even-handed rather than just ginned-up anti-Chinese propaganda - proves a very brutal behaviour by Chinese authorities. I wouldn’t for a moment disagree. Bloody vile! But that’s par for the species. We in the West may pretend to ourselves that we’re more moral, civilised, and humane. To which canard we need only answer with one word: imperialism! Five hundred years of brutish armed robbery around the world, with massive genocidal results; hundreds of millions of brutal and untimely deaths of people as helpless as those Chinese women in the hands of the thugs who abused them. Doctor Gideon Polya is starkly illuminating about that. Six million? Peanuts!

People who live in glass houses… :wink: :slight_smile: