5 Filters

Finance-savvy commentator advises: 'Start growing food right now!' Seriously

Move over 1929! Make room for your big brother (Note that Britain, as is only fitting considering all the history, is close behind Eire in the deep-shit stakes). You know when I babble on about the Long Descent being stair-step shaped: periods of slow decline, punctuated with moments of sudden disastrous lurch-downs; the stair-stepdowns (JMGreer’s concept)…? Well…:

Note that this commentator advises, quite seriously, that we all need to start growing whatever food we can, bleedin’ pronto. To which I would add: You can’t just waltz into growing without any previous experience at all, and expect bumper crops first harvest (or indeed any crop at all if you happen to get hit by one of the perennial strokes of bad luck which all seasoned growers know about). It’s an apprenticeship thing. No time left to lose: Get bloody going!

1 Like

PS: Last of my potato crop coming in any day now. Followed shortly by my account with pics, promised earlier this year, of how to grow spuds in turf, without digging or any sort of back-breaking labour (I should be so lucky!), on any neglected patch of grass where you can hope to get away with guerrilla-growing. You know: Cuba-style.

1 Like