5 Filters

Far Right Hate Crime in Dover, allegedly

Look at the state of the photograph. I can understand why, if this were really a photo of a turrist chucking a petrol bomb, the individual would be pixelated (and then some). But why is the ‘bomb’ so badly feathered, let alone the way that the background has been removed with White Cliffs substituted. Source: a Reuters photographer who happened to be on the scene.

The perpetrator then drove off, fetching up at a petrol station, where he hanged himself…

This is almost as believable as the Paul Pelosi incident.

EDITED: There is a not quite so clumsy version of the photo to be found on Twitter. The hack photoshopped version moved the petrol can about a foot to the left (hence the white pixels from the car bodywork) and crudely pixelated the driver. The white cliffs are a flat photographic backdrop.

Still very sus story but the photo was cropped, when it could have been scaled down, which is amateur but not necessarily manipulative.

None of this mitigates against the cleaner version not being equally fake.

There used to be a blogger called Chris Spivey. Well there still is but he doesn’t blog anymore. He used to do a detailed analysis of things like the Daily Heil stories, where he’d identify all the arms and legs in impossible positions, or the heights of people in the photos being completely wrong. Sadly, he did a bit too much about the Lee Rigby ‘murder’ and they (we all know who they are) spent two years harrasing him until he finally gave up.

Petrol bombs thrown at border force, my ar**. But watching Sky News, hope you kept your breakfast down.

Oh don’t worry I didn’t watch it (or any telly) just found the headline in an RSS feed. I remember Chris Spivey, I think, he did the paedophiles in Westminster stuff iirc.