5 Filters

Excellent group memoriam for David Ray Griffin, by those who knew him, via OffG

I always knew, since years back, that David was a mahatma - a great soul. These tributes from those who knew him well are illuminating and very moving. Particularly, for me, those from Richard Gage and - interestingly - from Philip Roddis, confessing his wrong-headedness initially, and his generous-hearted re-think and re-alignment, in the face of objective evidence - that unpopular commodity in our time; always a rare and commendable self-discipline in emotion- and belief-driven humankind.

BTW, it’s nice to know that David’s voluminously well-stocked mind is - yes is, not was! - at ease intellectually as well as spiritually with both the survival of the soul after any mere death, and with the realities of psi, the paranormal dimension of reality. No wonder the gocos and the mediawhores snarl so idiotically against him.

BTW2: I find that Process Theology (qv!) fits well with the idea of basic - mind-mediated - reality laid out by Tom Campbell, to which I also subscribe; a reality where the only two foundational axioms that are needed to explain literally everything in our experience are: Consciousness exists, and Evolution happens. Elegant! :slight_smile:

2 Likes