5 Filters

Eviscerating the spineless

A good old Sunday morning rant from Darren Allen.

2 Likes

That about sums it up.

Yep! Bullseye!

Seems to me that Darren sees the same threat to the world that Dmitry Orlov sees: the borgish Technosphere, with its retinue of sleepwalking-human technocrat slave-cylinders, attempting right now to take over human society as its parasite-host. AKA Koyaanisqatsi - World Out Of Balance.

Fortunately, this monstrous borg-thing has no chance of controlling human society. But it can do, and is doing, a lot of damage in the attempt; before - thank the Gods! - the Long Descent away from hyper-techietechie indust’civilisation’ finally euthanises it; and helps Pachamama/Mam Gaia bring the world back into its natural, living balance.

Give it a few dozen re-incarnations or several centuries - at least…

I wish his dream of a wholly Kropotkinesque global human community of anarcho-tribes was feasible. Maybe I’m too pessimistic about that, and it really is possible; even possible for it to be stable over long periods. Who knows? Depends on how far the Earth’s human population drops, I suppose, and how much faustian hyper-techietechie knowledge is (mercifully) lost in the process.

1 Like