5 Filters

Everything Is a Rich Man’s Trick - Full Documentary

https://youtu.be/4oVpt_I9iQQ?si=sxRdjtfRp-GqvP0Y

Started watching this yesterday. Loads of interesting stuff that I think some of you on this board will find interesting. It would be interesting to bring this (almost 10 year) old documentary up to date.

2 Likes

I’ve watched half an hour and it’s excellent. Presentation is good.
A century in 3 hours…subject to accuracy, a very good use of the time IMO. Thanks for posting.

Yep, suddenly the events of the last five-ten years do not seem so unique; other than, that the hold over the media is stronger than before, so you see fewer glimpses of reality there.

2 Likes

It was crazy to see how much the Nazis were a bought and paid for creation of a handful of oligarchs. Same playbook in Ukraine. Same playbook in Israel.

Also interesting to see how up to their necks in everything George Bush Senior’s family have been over the last 100 years.

Too many references for me to keep track of, though. I feel like there’s an awful lot of source material that I’d like to look at more carefully

2 Likes

Yes x 3. This film sheds a lot of light, even if there are details that can be questioned or refuted.
There will be some as not every reference will be accurate or as telling as it seems in a narrative. Ive only managed to watch an hour so far at my lowly pace, but it looks as though the main events and facts are matters of record. The guy has done a sterling job of digging, assembling and presentation. I’m pretty sure that if they went to see this in a cinema people would come out enthralled rather than bored. Citizen Kane was 3 hours long.

Yeah it’s incredible to see what can be ‘achieved’ by a small group of people using their power disingenously.

2 Likes

Am about half-way through, the JFK stuff brings together a number of the themes very neatly. Certainly demonstrates the validity of our friend Rhisiart’s “gangsters in charge” epithet. As commented already, the playbook is by now well-worn.

2 Likes