5 Filters

Even my favourite animal charities are getting sucked in by the propa-hysteria

I support three animal rescue and protection charities as a regular thing, and today I received an appeal from one of them - International Animal Rescue - to help the animals and animal-keepers in the Ukraine. And wouldn’t you know, the appeal started with the slogan ‘Stand With Ukraine’. That provoked the following:

SELQUOTE:

Dear IAR people,

I sympathise with the bad things happening to Ukranians, human and other. But I’m afraid that any appeal which starts with ’Stand With Ukraine’ is not going to get any donation from me.

I stand with Russia in this matter. They are in the right of it. They have been trying to resolve the issues in the Ukraine by constant appeals to negotiate diplomatically and avoid military action; and they’ve been getting the bad-faith runaround from the Western powers, particularly the US and Britain, which have been interfering criminally in the Ukraine since the CIA fomented the coup-d’etat there in 2014, which overthrew the legitimate government voted in by the Ukrainian people.

Since then, the neo-nazi thugs now running things in the Ukraine have been attacking the - Ukrainian - citizens in the breakaway Donbas republics continuously with artillery, for eight years, and have so far murdered over 14,000 innocent civilians there, including hundreds of children. Something you’ll never hear mentioned by the Western propaganda machine.

When President Putin finally decided to send the Russian special military operation into the Donbas, to protect the ethnic-Russian Ukrainian citizens there, they had cast-iron intelligence that the scores of thousands of Kyev forces - regular troops and neo-nazi battalions both - massed on the borders of the Donbas republics were about to launch an all-out genocidal attack on the citizenry there, within the next couple of days. What else were the Russians supposed to do? Let their compadres get slaughtered by the thousands?

During the rule of the illicit Kyev junta, the endemic corruption in the country, always spectacular since independence, has got much worse. No-one sending money, or any goods, there can have any certainty that it won’t be stolen and diverted into corrupt hands, for profit. This has become the usual pattern there.

I would like to help the suffering ordinary humans and the animals there, but any organisation which shows any sign of having been stampeded by the current hysterical propaganda-shrieking pouring out of the West is not, in my reckoning, a safe conduit for any help I may want to contribute. Starting your appeal with the West’s deceitful slogan de jure - ’Stand With Ukraine’ - simply doesn’t qualify you as having your heads in steady, neutral, realistic mode.

Sorry, Alan and co. I was about to make one of my regular contributions to your bear-rescuing work. But I’m afraid I must suspend that now, until I’m confident that you have your ideas about the Ukraine straight, and you’re no longer allowing yourselves to be played by the dreadful lie-storm of Western propaganda. Shame about that. I’ll give again when I’m sure you-all are back on your trollies! Best wishes and continuing support for your legitimate work, till then. Yours, Rhisiart Gwilym

UNQUOTE

2 Likes

Bugger! Just noticed: that ‘de jure’ should be ‘de jour’. Geriatria strikes again! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You could attach this photo to a corrected version…

Apparently an abandoned Javelin anti-tank thingummy somewhere in Donetsk Peoples Republic.

2 Likes

This is a massive reversal of previous MSM stances, this is a new level of hypocrisy :I seem to recall that the media and politicians of all stripes were clamoring for air strikes on Libya to protect Benghazi - although I have no doubt that in the case of the Donbas threat this is very real, the Benghazi one was shown to be a load of tripe but by then Libya was turned into a basket case failed state.

cheers

You can’t piss on Raytheon and Lockheed Martin.

Mind you, you do need those ‘enemy’ tanks to fire at.

I’ve no idea who supplies the tanks…