5 Filters

Eric Zuesse fires a broadside at the delusion of US 'democracy', behind which the billionaire oligarch regime runs a dictatorship

Good article but he’s preaching to the choir.

And as for Chris Hedges being wiped off ScrewTube, we’ll I have little sympathy for those that should have seen the writing on the wall a long time back and got off the platform. As Catherine Austin Fitts says, “Why help the enemy”

Not so much preaching as ranting imho. I have never got very far with this writer. The 528 word opening paragraph might be why.

I know how pedantic this looks but a simple cut and paste into hemingwayapp.com is all it takes.

Does this guy write for a living… or is he another academic who assumes that lucid prose is for losers who didn’t stay in full-time education beyond age 25?

To my brain this is like trying to make sense of one of those tobacco auctioneers spieling it at 400 wpm. If certain ideas don’t make it into the mainstream there are definitely cases where the reason is because no one has a clue what they’re on about. Sorry but EZ stays on my shitlist.

1 Like

Eric and G (here) share a penchant for over-loaded sentences. I’m a bit that way myself. We’re all somewhat slack grammatical stylists.

Eric is right, though, isn’t he; involuted syntax and all…?

Possibly, I didn’t read it Rhis. I’d happily read 10000 engaging words if hooked by the first few sentences. It’s the same issue really as the 90 minute videos produced by so many of these alt media types. Sell the sizzle not the sausage and all that.

2 Likes