5 Filters

Ed Dowd: Once This Comes To Light, There Will Be No Place To Hide On The Planet!

4 Likes

As an aside, I was surprised, but not surprised, that Naomi Klein (The Shock Doctrine, No Logo, etc.) has recently had her book Doppelganger published. It is basically all about how she (good Naomi) is definitely nothing like that other Naomi (bad Covid-denier Naomi) and while being confused for the other (bad) Naomi didn’t use to her phase her that much, now she wants to stress that, actually, she had lots of time to reflect upon this while cowering in place and she is a wholly different, much better, Naomi.

I imagine it’s a bit of a plod once you get past this basic fact.

3 Likes

Thanks @Rich . Not his best interview. Too much stuff trying to explain how sats work.

@KarenEliot . If that’s a review of her latest book, I won’t bother!

2 Likes

Agree @PatB. This might be a better one

Start about 10m and, Dowd goes through his 3 or 4 graphs in about 6 or 7 mins.

This is the gist, as I see it.

UK PiP claims (disability payments awarded) for cardiovascular diseases (in age 15-44 range) were up 6.6 per 100,000 popn in 2021 and up 13.2 per 100,000 popn in 2022.

Excess deaths, again for cardiovascular diseases, also rose by 2.2 per 100,000 in 2021 and 3.1 per 100,000 in 2022.

This age group is maybe about a 20m population so these rises per 100K represent x 20 in reality, i.e. they are big jumps.

Dowd’s ‘ten-sigma’ explanation of the improbability might be dulling the senses; it just means it can’t be chance, and needs explanation (though his Twitter thread below tells you what he thinks it is).

Here’s another graph from Dowd’s pinned twitter thread. It shows similar rises in disabilities in the US.

https://twitter.com/DowdEdward

Bad - but here’s his kicker: a 2023 Swiss study (Buergin) found rates of myocarditis were as high as 2,800 per 100,000 popn. Dowd says these are ‘mild’ myocarditis (a new thing) but even if 10% are going to lead to disability and death (and presumably are doing so already) then it suggests that these rises in disability/deaths due to cardio, far from coming down or stabilising, are likely to have a long way to go before they stop rising.

Hm. I’m not sure I can take this hideous prospect in.
The mild myocarditis cases might not be real, as in, just blood markers.
Dowd also said that in marrying up the two databases to get his data (one was ONS, maybe both) they had to take account of a time lag between death registration and ‘causes’; and that they had to adjust for this, as more young people in the data would extend the lag time. He said there would still have been a signal without the adjustment, but didn’t say what it would be.
Presumably a smaller one - maybe they adjusted too much? Even though deaths in young people rose, I can’t see that this would add much overall to the time to process them as they would still be a small proportion of all the deaths.

OTOH Dowd points out this is only one severe health effect, others are up.

It’s a worry; I’d stick with the hard data of the actual deaths/disabilities so far and hope for the best. Dowd’s view/analysis should be regarded as a dire warning to authorities to get the finger out.
Or to get the ivermectin out, for long-vaccine injuries. We might need all those ‘anti-vax’ Drs.

Trouble is, the authorities are looking for ways to bury/ignore the data or the cause, not react responsibly to it.
:grimacing:

1 Like

I think you have it in one.
Good Naomi laments the fact that people are misunderstaning the purpose of the book - which is NOT about doubles in fact. Don’t know how they got that idea myself…

It’s been hard to tell Good Naomi from a Biden supporter for a while. Biden supporters need Bad Trump so it makes logical sense to hang that tag around Bad Naomi too.

Bad Naomi has probably called it right by ignoring the whole thing - more important things on her mind - and leaving Good Naomi to protest her goodness too much.

1 Like

LOL. Reviewing books I haven’t even read, not will read, would be unethical. Let’s call it a review of the back flap of the hardback jacket.