5 Filters

Discussion on the current state of decay in the US

A Reddit thread started by someone who has been some traveling around in the US. Their comments are shocking, but the added comments from various folks in the thread really flesh out the current state of collapse in the US.

It’s over boys and girls… Just a matter of the MSM catching up with reality.

Even if some of those comments are exaggerated it’s grim reading. I’m nearing the end of Charlie LeDuff’s book Detroit: An American Autopsy. The writing is patchy and rather formulaic a lot of the time but the facts are very plain: a city wholly hollowed out and practically unliveable for many. By the sounds of things this is becoming the default for many cities.

1 Like

Yep, even if it’s exaggerated, it’s not exaggerated by much. I’ve been watching some videos by a German guy who has a channel called “German in Venice”. Here’s an example of what he is documenting in Venice Beach, California

He has similar videos in LA.

Old Joey Santoro of the ever fabulous “Crime pays but botany doesnt” channel has documented similar tent cities in SF.

America is crumbling in front of our eyes. And not just America. In different parts of Europe towns are abandoned, population is dropping, people moving into overcrowded cities.

Tough times ahead…

Highly apropos: Gail Tverberg, who is one of my top ten reliable commentators, on the strength of past records, is seeing large scale, near-term socio-economic collapse; and, indeed, not just in the US.

First three items at the top of her blog:

2 Likes

New name to me, but instantly bookmarked for a thorough read. It’s easy (or was for me) to forget that in late 2019 a lot of the economic indicators*, oil prices not least, were alarming. Then came this massive Other Thing… pandemic or Grand PsyOp or whatever it is and the crash landing really kicked in.

*Caveated with Economics Is Bollocks Anyway… of course.

Thank you PP for the YT link too.