5 Filters

CraigM with some interesting observations, in a piece ostensibly about Afghanistan's latest offing of an invader

One statement of Craig’s which caught my attention is this:

“As a historian myself, I find the disconnect between the facts that really happened and what becomes the established narrative – and will be history – alarming. The extent to which we live in a propaganda construct in which received truth cannot always be trusted, is crystal clear to me now.” [RhG’s added emphasis; that realisation is growing amongst goodthinker bourgeois, under the impact of the covid scam, as scales continue to fall]

Notice too that Craig - once again displaying his loveably-broad naivety-streak - still seems to assume that the not just threadbare but now virtually threadless official cospithirry about 11/9 is true! Craig bans all discussion of 11/9 on his website (sic!), and clearly doesn’t know his arse from his elbow regarding the huge flood of evidence which now assures history that it was a false-flag attack, involving quite obvious controlled demolitions, which are completely beyond the capability of any foreign guerrillas attacking the US. (Rigging a building for demolition is an industrial job for a team of capable, experienced professionals, who require extended privileged access to the building to set it up.)

All things considered, though, this piece by Craig on the latest defeat by Pashtunwali of damned foreign imperial invaders is worth noting:

2 Likes

The late Rob Fisk was also excellent at putting this Afghan war crime into historical perspective. He would quote UK military commanders in the field on the situation, only to reveal that this was from a war a century ago.

plus ça change and all that.

Cheers

The primary true motive of the occupation of Afghanistan was originally the Trans Afghan Pipeline to take Central Asia’s massive supplies of natural gas – the gas reserves of Turkmenistan alone have a higher thermal value than the oil reserves of Iraq – down to Pakistan, India and onward via the Indian Ocean. This scheme was eventually stymied by Putin through his agent Alisher Usmanov and his aggressive Gazprom diplomacy in Central Asia.

Excellent point. And, I think, the primary reason for the current interest in Ukraine - the next potential flashpoint

I doubt Russia is ever going to allow any increase in pipeline transits of the Ukraine until the last nazis have scuttled into the western quarter, and Ukranians generally are back into an amicable relationship with Russia. I take it that that will be the inevitable long term drift of the situation, as the Anglozionist empire crumbles out of the picture.

Yes, you’re probably right. I was referring to US attempts to scupper Nordstream 2 by forcing the EU to sanction “Russian aggression” against Ukraine. The only other option would be getting US fracked gas at twice the price…

It’s only business right?

“Tell [Vladi] I always liked him. It was just business.” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OTOH, Craig dissects the Skripal tosh judiciously, with his naive-streak completely anaesthetised: