5 Filters

Craig Murray: Genocide Unfolding

2 Likes

Good analysis by Murray and a frigging disgrace is the Tewworwism Act detaining people, no representation, no right to silence, and having to give over passwords and answer obnoxious questions.

Some great comments on the article, one of which was this.

“Early in life I have noticed that no event is ever correctly reported in a newspaper, but in Spain, for the first time, I saw newspaper reports which did not bear any relation to the facts, not even the relationship which is implied in an ordinary lie. I saw great battles reported where there had been no fighting, and complete silence where hundreds of men had been killed. I saw troops who had fought bravely denounced as cowards and traitors, and others who had never seen a shot fired hailed as heroes of imaginary victories; and I saw newspapers in London retailing these lies and eager intellectuals building emotional superstructures over events that never happened. I saw, in fact, history being written not in terms of what happened but of what ought to have happened according to various “party lines.”
― George Orwell, Homage to Catalonia

3 Likes

Now that’s a telling, and timely, truth right there.

2 Likes

It is a good article. Not yet been through comments.

I had to laugh out of the side of my mouth at these words of Craig’s:

The step change in western authoritarianism . . .

… as we know he was fast asleep during Covid so I suppose he would find the transition particularly abrupt…

2 Likes