5 Filters

Could this be the very beginning of a new and better world?

Could this be the very beginning of a new and better world? Viva Putin, Viva Lavrov, Viva Shoigu! Rich.

Published July 22, 2022

Alexander Mercouris

Russia Prepares Big Offensive, Putin Talks to MbS, Ridicules EU on Gas; EU Scraps Food Sanctions

1 Like

The role of Turkiye as broker is very interesting. Erdogan is quite astonishing in some ways. The video clip in which he claps Johnson on the shoulder, and the reaction by Johnson, is very telling. this was about two weeks at most before the Tory coup d’etat. At the same conference Biden has to mollify Johnson when Erdogan says, words to this effect: “
we hear you’ve been a naughty boy”.

If Turkiye were to decide to leave NATO it would be a fatal blow, not least because they actually have a formidable army of their own. But it would mean that the threat of leaving would no longer be their Ace in the hole.

Whatever is going on beneath the pantomime it is certainly a fascinating spectacle.

Well, the beginning of something different, as the Anglozionist empire dies, sure. But better
?

Historical literacy paints a depressing picture of state after state falling victim to the temptations of imperialistic armed robbery, when the opportunity arises. I fear the Russian and Chinese successors to VVP and XJP could easily be susceptible. The risk of Russian or Chinese ‘destiny-driven’ racial superiority delusions isn’t exactly nil, hom-sap being the way we are. Shall we eventually hear tropes about ‘the Yellow Man’s Burden’ (FFS!)?

PS: I’ve been familiar with the word ‘TĂŒrkiye’ as the Turks’ own word for their country, since I started going there to study their wonderful shepherds’ dogs - the Çoban köpekleri. It’s good to see that old crook Erdogan (pronounced ‘Er-doooh-an’ - yumuƟak ‘g’) finally getting Anglo people to recognise the land’s proper name. Perhaps they’ll even manage to pronounce his name properly, before he fades from view. Alex Christoforou manages it; Alexander Mercouris not so much, always speaking it to rhyme with ‘toboggan’
!

PepeE seems to agree with you, Rich. I’m strongly drawn to agree with you too; though that doubt remains: that the rising powers can resist permanently the temptations of empire: