5 Filters

Copy of an email sent to Michael Berkeley, re this Sunday's 'Private Passions', BBC R3

The Steve Rosenberg referred to has been the beeb’s Moscow correspondent for a long time. No need to say more about his view of things in Russia and the Ukraine!

SELFQUOTE:

Dear Michael,

Just wanted to congratulate you and Steve Rosenberg for your brilliant comedy double-act in today’s broadcast of ‘Private Passions’.

Your portrayals of two BBC-trusties running through all the narrative talking points of their in-group delusion-bubble about the war in the Ukraine was simply hilarious satire. You deserve Oscars for your performances, both of you. Absolute comedy genius!

Such a pity that the fourteen thousand or so ethnic-Russians of the Donbas, murdered by eight years of deliberately-provocative, indiscriminate artillery-fire on civilians, carried on since Washington’s 2014 coup in the Ukraine, by the forces of their puppets in the Kiev junta, couldn’t have heard your spoof. My, how they would have laughed! Especially the hundred or so murdered children!

I hope PP will be offering more mordant comedy along these lines soon. Laughs galore! Please pass my congratulations along to Steve.

Yours, Rhisiart Gwilym

UNQUOTE.

I didn’t add “you pair of fucking scumbags!” as I was tempted to do. Just thought the sarcasm would be sharper without it…

2 Likes

We finally gave up on radio3 some time last year, fed up to the back teeth with shite propaganda on even the Saturday record review programme. We now live without any BBC (or any other broadcast intrusions) in a much more peaceful house. Be like us and save yourself some anguish.

3 Likes

I put up with the bias of the trusties who present R3, and I curse and slag their ‘news’ bulletins, and the sort of shite that Berkeley and Rosenberg were carefully regurgitating on Sunday, simply for the continuous drip-feed of music, which is one of the substrate of blessings that the world offers, and which keep me from curling up and dying in despair, Alan.