5 Filters

Copy of a comment posted at MoA

Copied here in case bernhard is still having hissy-fits against any questioning of the covid-narrative orthodoxy (he seems to have gone quiet on that lately, as has Andrei at Saker) and censors my comment:

SELFQUOTE:

@Tim, 3

Yes climate change is a real thing, Tim; controlled mainly by the complex CYCLICAL cosmic dance of the Sun and planets, which varies the solar distance from the Earth constantly, and therefore the amount of insolation the we receive - varies it, that is, within limits.

This has been happening since the Earth was formed, and continues today. Itā€™s made the difference in the past between Snowball Earth - when all the different periodicities of the cyclic dance came together at once to create an unusually low mean temperature - and Tropical Earth, when they came together at the opposite extreme. Hence the Milankovitch Cycle of Ice Ages and Interglacial Warm Periods.

As Quebecois physicist and polymath Denis Rancourt demonstrates, CO2 and the other ā€˜greenhouse gasesā€™ make some contribution in the heating direction; but only modestly, compared to the much larger effect of the endless cosmic cycling. And as Denis further demonstrates (see his website) once CO2 reaches optical saturation in its response to insolation, doubling, tripling or even quadrupling the amount of CO2 above that point produces barely-noticeable extra warming effects. That is: NO positive-feedback runaway effect. The constant, huge cycling of CO2 between air, oceans and soils/vegetation also dwarfs the amount of CO2 that we are adding to the atmosphere - for the time being, until Peak Energy puts a stop to that.

Considering the way that the ā€˜covidā€™-plus-poison-stabs swindle has been scammed on us all over the past three years - and counting - it might be a good idea to re-examine the other panics floated in recent times by the Permanent Bullshit Blizzard coming from the mediawhores, the pocket politicians, their career-technocrat gophers, and the oligarch multibillionaires and corporate crooks who own them all.

Is there a real, imminent climate emergency at all? Really? That looks a good deal less than certain. Question absolutely everything that weā€™ve been propagandised to believe.

UNQUOTE

3 Likes

This. A thousand times. Finding it hard to get people to want to question. Some describe folks as sheep. I think itā€™s not accurate. Not that I got the education you guys got (watch an old episode of bullseye, the questionsā€¦) but my rusty mythology knows of the lotus eaters. Thatā€™s where weā€™re at.

As for comments @MoA? Out of my league. Some wonderfully sharp, and importantly, educated minds there. Made 5, lost 2 (in about ten years). Made Gruff laugh when I retorted to Nemesis Calling, so I must have done something right.

Good comment.

2 Likes

Donā€™t sell yourself short, L! Amongst my friends, family and neighbours, my immediate no-nonsense, unapologetic-working-class neighbours were miles ahead of my uni-educated middle-class people.

No-one up here on our backwater moorings has had any of the damned poison-stabs: Postman, skilled bodywork repairer, and their wives - and me.

Sometime around May 2020, there was a collective murmur of ā€œBollocks!ā€ to the covid hysteria, and from then on we all carried on as if there were no ā€˜pandemicā€™; as indeed has proven correct.

In my ferretting around the rabbit-holes of the net, I come across a lot of btl-chatter. My experience is that supposedly-undereducated commenters are just as savvy as the uni-plankton, and able to express themselves amply well, no problem.

Iā€™ve trusted in the sound instincts and the common sense of we plebs always. And it is sound, no question to me. More street-savvy, consistently, than the heavily ā€˜educatedā€™ (read ā€˜indoctrinatedā€™) technocrat layer of society.

Hi @RhisiartGwilym , I see tim comes back with a ā€œSabineā€ youtube:
I Misunderstood the Greenhouse Effect. Here's How It Works. - YouTube.

I watched this, unfortunately it went straight over my head although I did notice that at one point she talks about the changes being tiny and having a minute effect on the planet but effecting us more as we are used to lower temperaturesā€¦ humans have survived quite a range of temperatures afaics! The whole was far too complex - if anyone knows of a simpler explanation let me know.
Has DR debunked this?

Cheers

1 Like

Hi CJ! Iā€™ve emailed Denis, with a link to the Sabine vid. Will let you know what reply I get. I notice that Tim says that Denis doesnā€™t get the idea that Sabine is speaking about. I find that hard to believe. Iā€™ve no idea if Tim has any appropriate expertise in the matter; or whether Sabine has. Weā€™ll seeā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @RhisiartGwilym - a reply from DR would be great.

Some of the most annoying things I find in many of these highly complex areas are the failures to get to the point and failure to express the methodology in simple terms!
Here a key point for most people is - by how many degrees centrigrade has the ā€œliving spaceā€ of the planet increased by man-made global warming and how much by natural processes and then determine so far as possible likely increases in both in the future.
I have had a hard enough job moving from fahrenheit to centigrade never mind to Kelvin!
SH never quite reveals how much extra warming there is through GHG nor how much of that is due to CO2 alone and then man-made CO2 alone. ( compare and contrast Hermann Hardeā€™s statements! )
Nor does she comment on the inherent problems of temperature measurements over time not just at the surface but also in different areas of our total atmosphere - just saying satellites tell us ignores the possibilities of deliberate or accidental bias and plain errors or limits of measurement ( impact of clouds, air and sea currents for example) - failure to deal with these throws in doubt her proofs, imo.
Finally, no comment on the impact of so-called climate change solutions - do they work ( I seem to recall there being no sign of any climate impact during our global lockdown experiments or during global financial crashes!) ?

The other major question that is ignored is the measurement of any impact of changes in temperature in relation to both periodic extreme weather events as well as long term weather changes.

cheers

1 Like

Denis is very precise about the impossibility of getting all these alleged exact temperature measurements. He has extensive hands-on experience of trying to do just that professionally as a working scientist, and insists that a lot of the measurements are just multiple correction- and estimation-cluttered moonshine. Stating figures to a tenth of a degree C is simply propaganda.

Denis also points out that the '08 crash and the lockdown period of the covid swindle, both of which constituted practical experiments in CO2 emission-reduction, because of the sharp drops in fossil-hydrocarbon burning that they caused, showed absolutely no detectable effect on the slow up-creep of temperatures - mainly due, on the sounder hypothesis, to the cosmic cycling.

1 Like