5 Filters

Copy of a comment on a Saker piece this morning

The Saker item is discussing the sparsity of maps about what’s happening in the Ukraine:

A new btl poster said this:

QUOTE:

Rokossovsky on March 15, 2022 · at 12:59 am EST/EDT

SAKER: I think the reason for no maps is to keep the civilians off the roads. The thaw is coming soon and the roads are going to be needed by the Russian military to do its job. Both sides know the military situation, so there is no point in publishing maps. On the first day this started I began following this operation “accidentally” in the Russian language media, small blogs and news sites, following the progress village by village and bridge by bridge, then recording the points on Google Earth. And all of my maps matched perfectly with the ones you have been posting. And I would say yours are more generous to the Ukrainians. I wasn’t trying to create a map but just follow the progress… having been burned too many times by Western media.

OBSERVATIONS: From the above exercise I can tell you the Western media is living in movie studio fantasy world. Even the what looks like genuine live coverage is being directed by someone (the Ukrainians?)… designed to create a false impression. Everything you see in the Western media is fake or highly choreographed to mislead. The only guy who has a clue is Tucker Carlson and that Colonel Macgregor guy. This thing is OVER and the only thing the Russians care about is now minimizing civilian casualties… and cleaning out the forces of the CIA armed political fanatics (call them what you want). I feel truly sorry for anyone following this in the Western media… I know they are genuinely hungry for information, but they would better served by re-watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy than watching any US network. I briefly saw a bit of Hannity (after a Tucker segment) where was talking about Biden needing to release the Polish MIGs… unless they fly combat missions directly out of Poland they wont last more than 20 minutes on the ground… they will be taken out by Russian cruise missiles like the NATO base / barracks on the Polish border. If Hannity wants those Migs in there he should volunteer to go with them as an observer, then he might start taking an interest in the actual military situation verses the hog-wash he is reporting.

From what I can see this thing is militarily OVER. Russia won and all of the rest is just a mopping-up siege operation/ or massive human-shield hostage situation. I don’t know what the CIA’s objective here is in prolonging this, other than to do Eastern Europe what they did to the Middle East (Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Libya, Yemen); thus the Poles and Romanians ought to think long and hard about being used as a “staging area” for a guerilla war, like Cambodia was during the Vietnam War.

Anyway, I am new to your site, but as far as I can tell, you are one of the few English language websites in the world that is reporting anything that correlates with reality. So, thanks for your content and updates!

UNQUOTE

1 Like

What great comment. As for the Saker article, I almost feel like forgiving him after his Covid evangelist awakening due to the humour!

Take this for instance. “Pushkin Square McDonalds (due to close today, not a day too soon, thank you sanctions!!!)” :laughing:

Complicated nuance territory, innit? Andrei does great work in contextualising and illuminating things Russian; as this commenter says, about as well as anyone on the net; and yet he goes completely to pieces over the covid swindle: suckered h,l&s!

Another sobering lesson about the absolute ubiquity of hot-buttons/blind-spots! Moral: Beware one’s own, constantly!!!