5 Filters

Comedians, clowns, magicians assistants running countries? How about this?

A 25-year-old girl with no work experience in the civil service was appointed the new deputy Minister of European Integration in Ukraine, the Ukrainian News news agency reported with reference to the Ministry of Social Policy.

And she’s not alone. If you’re betting that they are all middle aged and overweight, think again.

2 Likes

Bless. I would wager she is better at the job - even if it is getting your photo taken and not much else - than the new-ish White House spokeswomble, Karine something something. The first lesbian woman of color, or words to that effect, in the role. Already referred to far and wide as the Diversity Hire. None of which would be worth mentioning if she/they could construct a twenty word sentence with a beginning, middle, and end, and fewer than five occurrences of “um”. But it appears not.

3 Likes

And here is one of the front-runners for the PM gig - The Mordornt.

I’ve only seen tiny snippets of the TV ‘debates’ - the last one where they each did their little piece to the camera shocked me…I tell ya! That’s what the political selection process has come to - a ‘talent’ contest.

Purely on account of her participation in the swimming cossy exposure prog, I’m predicting PM for PM - she made her forfeit so she’ll expect her prize - - and bonus, doesn’t she looks simply divine in military garb.
pmpm

Ha! Well that didn’t age very well!

2 Likes

Oh Christ! Truss? Truss! Really! An even worse incompetent fool than Bozo? They can’t be serious, surely…?

But then, like any face in the English-raj class’s political wing - aka the official tory party - she’ll jump according to her owners’ string-pulls, so her personal inadequacy barely matters; like Biden’s.

Dear god, this sickening circus is what Brits are expected to accept as ‘democracy’! Oh for someone of Putin’s or Xi’s calibre. Is a competent states-person too fecking much to ask?

1 Like

In answer to your questions, yes, yes, yes and yes. Anything else?

3 Likes

No, no Alan. Now I shall just go apart and rail against all the firstborn of Egypt…

Somewhat better than my Give Gove A Go.

A work colleague told me about the debate which she compared to Love Island. I reminded her of the days when querying the menu just about anywhere, for the vegetarian option, would result in the offer of Vege lasagne or salad. Though what I really meant was a plate of cow excrement versus a plate of horse plop. It’s a choice, yes, but that’s about it.

2 Likes

Sounds fake news to me. What was the source of this story?

Goodness knows. There have been a steady flow of these stories about inept cronyism, which are as true, in their tenor if not the specifics, of similar stories around the world. Bear baiting of a kind.

I had to glooge the name, Anastasiia Lenna, subject of a story from March, or thereabouts, a former Miss Ukraine joining the Army (sporting a paintball gun). Might have been designed to entice naïve Westerners into joining the fray, but more likely a push to boost the visibility of Anastasiia Lenna. Alas: she has returned to the world of yesterday’s chip wrapping.

Flak chuckers can have their uses: