5 Filters

Changing the guard in Australia

I’ve categorised this under “war and conflict” as that is the area that most concerns me and is likely to have the greatest effect on our future.
Commenting on the change of government many people interviewed by the selective media identified climate change and an integrity/anti-corruption commission as the leading issues they wanted Labor to act on, and why they voted for them. This certainly applies to most of those who voted for the new independent candidates, who are nearly all women of a certain ilk IMO. They would all be “fully vaxinated”, and generally WOKE. And it’s probably woke-ness that distinguishes the Labor party and its most vocal adherents from Coalition supporters.
I would also imagine, with 98.5% probability, that all these Independents and all Labor members would Stand with Ukraine, believing this is supporting “Democracy” - which is some sort of magic potion added to sausages outside polling stations. (much talk of “Democracy sausages” yesterday, without adequate description.)

What this all means to me (and this is all my own generalisations and assumptions) is that the new Labor Government will pick up the poisoned chalice from the outgoing one and drink eagerly from it. They have the opportunity to do this tomorrow, of all things, when the leader and new FM will go to Tokyo for talks with the “Quad” - that is US, Japan, Australia and India. It is a meaningless partnership, as India is already doing quite well with Russia, setting up energy deals and military orders.
However it is mostly against China, and although Leader Albanese has been called “the Manchurian candidate” and a stooge for the CCP by those on the right (most notably by the “Freedom”/anti-mandate" leaders) - which is pretty daft, given Labor has been supporting the Hong Kong CIA protests, the East Turkestan Islamic Front (Uighur concentration camps), Tiananmin, etc etc.
When it comes to “defence” spending, Labor has also been “bipartisan on National Security issues”, so rather than suggesting we didn’t need to spend $90 Billion on some new subs that will be ready by 2035, they said we needed to get hold of some from somewhere in the meantime. It could be their worries about sea level rise. I mean WTF do we need F’ing SUBS for!! Other than to cause trouble in the Sth China Sea.
The only place I see a possible divergence from FIVE EYES operations is over Palestine, which Labor has traditionally supported. No-one has made a squeak over the assassination of Shireen Abu Akleh, nor mentioned Julian Assange’s 18th May this week. NOT A SQUEAK!
The only thing I will say, is that I was wrong in thinking the Coalition could not lose this election, as the Imperial project would be derailed without Bullet-head Dutton at the controls. He will however be opposition leader it seems, so able to combine resources and participate particularly in the cross party National Security committee. I am not convinced on the proper workings of “democracy” - which normally is distorted in favour of power by the clever use of pork barreling and smear campaigns. This time it didn’t seem to work, and even our little crook of a treasurer Josh Frydenburg appears to have lost his seat.

On foreign policy, one guide is that the FM Penny Wong is married to a woman with whom she has children. It’s impossible that this has no influence on her feelings about Russia, which so recently were ventilated over the Euro-transvision contest. I’ll just air my prejudices with no restraint, seeing as that’s the zeitgeist; we can all hate and lie and choose what we like every day.

In precis, I don’t see that the things that matter - keeping the chasm in Western civilisation open, giving power to hi-tech, Pharma and the military industrials - will change, if only because they can’t. They can talk about CC and RE as much as they like, but the S**T will hit the fan long before that.
Interested to hear how this is perceived and presented in the UK…

4 Likes

Various bits of news break through my firewall e.g. I heard Ray Liotta had died because streaming service had a ‘Remembering Ray Liotta’ section. This post is my first realisation that the chairs have been rearranged in Australia. And I think that’s really all it is isn’t it @Dimac?

You’ve highlighted some very salient points, not least the obligatory LGBTQ+ attack cadre being manoeuvred into position. But my recent and very poor grasp of Aus politics generally suggests to me that the national gov is not as important as the State legislatures, the Dan Andrewses of this world. I mean in terms of the day-to-day tyranny of citizens’ lives. How the nation struts it’s stuff geopolitically is a whole other thing though.

… this is increasingly the case just about everywhere in the Anglosphere though. And occupied states like Japan may as well be included too.

The pivot to China, and the incessant propaganda suggesting that it’s only a matter of time before Taiwan is invaded is very much the key, I think, as you have emphasised.

(The notion that China could “invade” Taiwan is the same as Britain invading Scotland isn’t it…? But in this deranged world who would rule that out!)

Dimac, in Max Igan’s latest he says that the Australian election was rigged (?). The Aus stuff starts 6 minutes in to the video…

Thanks Rob - will have a look at this later. I wasn’t aware of it - as I’ve been following the mandate-Resistance/ Freedom movement less closely recently. They have so many crazy conspiracy theories out there, which are distracting from the reality. I don’t believe that the election would have been rigged to favour Labor - and indeed expected that the Coalition would win because they HAD to! But seems I was wrong, and the Coalition is still reeling in shock. We can only be assured that nothing vital of geostrategic significance will change, and the Labor gov has already come out with some statement of support for the Ukienazis. cheers David.

Have they now? Very much last week’s thing I suspect.

Not the special military operation itself, that depends on whether Russia decides to head towards Odessa or not, which would prolong things. The compulsion to Stand With Ukr I mean. No one is that keen anymore seeing as the brave resistance trope kinda ran out of puff.

About ten years ago there was this sudden increase in blokes walking around southern England in Manchester City shirts. Somehow the vicarious thrill of We Won The League gives people with no moral anchor something to fool themselves that they believe in.

For a month or three a flock of folks found Russophobia The Very Thing but they’re bored now that the winningness turns out to be utter utter lies.

1 Like