5 Filters

Censored Polanski film, but you gotta be quick

One of history’s greatest genuine antisemitism scandals as opposed to all those like the Jeremy Corbyn scandal. Alfred Dreyfus was a 1890s Jewish artillery officer falsely accused of spying for the Germans as an excuse to purge Jews from the French army.

Roman Polanski released a film about this at the beginning of 2020. As we all know a controversial artist (see Spectator article below about the film’s banning) ‘…So dangerous is the potential backlash of
collaborating with Polanski that no British or American distributor will risk showing the movie,…’

Mass resistance by anti-Polanski activists in France yet most cinemas fought to put it on.
STILL no DVD or download I can find with English subtitles two years on. Its distribution seems to blocked. You can download the English sub-titled (MP4) version from the links below but they will only be there for a day or two.

Or try here

The Spectator article can be found here

1 Like

Thanks Pat, and just downloaded - without having a very strong opinion on the matter - merely out of ignorance, but if the PTB don’t want it to be seen it’s clearly worth seeing!
Time to wheel out some old Polanski favs - Knife in the Water - Cul de Sac - Revulsion… which stay there at the back of my mind.
I seem to think Pepe Escobar may have written about this?