5 Filters

Canals, overfitting, autistic Putin?

Hot off his SubStack, published in the last hour, is this interesting piece in praise of VPP, revealing an open secret that most ASD types can’t bear. This is because conforming to normie stereotypes, including Putinphobia, is a crucial type of masking (passing for normal). As the Overton Window careers to the “left” (kind, compassionate, lots of gay friends, vicious beyond all comprehension if crossed, comfortably off… that kind of Left) the younger atypicals are therefore overrepresented in the ranks of COVID hysterics and the million-gendered. These being ever so fashionable, but not for much longer.

Luckily Vlad recognises and has a good grip on reality.

An interesting aside, by the way, given the much higher incidence of “on the spectrum” diagnoses these days, is the possibility that diet and other environmental factors are a partial explanation. One take is that eating too much prolefeed can make a toddler fat, or sleepy, or clumsy. Maybe it can also lead to overdevelopment of brain cells. The consequent capacity to make more/deeper neural connections may explain ‘giftedness’ but also a deep-seated need to analyse in great depth, which can manifest as dithering, pedantry, etc.

Am simplifying insanely, of course.

3 Likes

What an interesting and thought provoking article.

That raises questions. Is ASD is a disorder of the mind— or really a disorder of psychological and psychiatric pretensions? Are autistic people sick— or is it our society?

That reminds me the the famous Krishnamurti quote that it’s not healthy to be well adjusted to a sick society.

I was just visiting a friend whose teenage daughter was diagnosed with ASD. Having not seen her for a while, it was noticeable how many more ASD “symptoms” she was exhibiting. She’s just started at uni and is finding the transition to be very hard.

I wonder what it means that the more of our “normal” social world this young person is exposed to, the harder she finds it to cope.

A lot to think about there.

Another thing worth considering is that the more detailed the “diagnosis” and labeling, the higher the likelihood that someone will be able able to create a drug to “fix” the issue. This seems to be, at least in part, a major driver behind the rush to add as many behavioural quirks as possible to the ASD umbrella.

Finally as to your thoughts about a possible food link, I could believe it. Alzheimer’s apparently has a connection to the gut and diet. But I think it’s probably more likely to be connected to the infernal cocktail of modern day chemicals that the world is now exposed to as part of humanity’s great project to pollute as much of the planet, the water and the atmosphere as we can…

Thanks for posting. I leave you with the pic of the devil at the end of the piece.

2 Likes

Much as I love and respect my sister J she was suckered wholesale into dosing her daughter E with Ritalin to manage her ADHD. Literally any sign of ‘overexcitement’ and let’s pop one in. E is now late-teens and so clouded and autistic in every way you can actually see it in photos. Tragic. Sister A has one son, R, and the path has been very much the same. He is a bit higher-functioning and takes more of an interest in life, but dead-eyed and doomed to a lifetime of menial work and being laughed at.

It’s heartbreaking.

2 Likes