5 Filters

Blue hydrogen is often hyped as clean, but in actuality, it might be even worse than burning coal

The neutralising of the current backlog of radioactive waste is precisely the best point of the technology. Well said, P! If the trade-off price of that desperately-needed result is Russia developing - and even exporting - no-rad-waste, existing-waste-eating nukes - for a while - then so be it. If it’s feasible, people will do it, whatever we say.

1 Like

Rhis, I could go into a 20,000 word diatribe about this.

Short answer is: non.

Go to another planet and do this shit if you want to.

Don’t do it on my planet.

Fukushima has killed about half of the Pacific Ocean.

I don’t believe it Rhis…Why shouldn’t we go completely nuclear then? You should know the one and only thing the nuclear industry can be trusted to do is lie!

I know this sort of thinking drives the dedicated anti-nuke people - of whom I’ve been one for decades, and still am - into fits of hysteria. But theres a logic to it which people will follow, however much we may shriek.

If Dmitry’s relatively innocent nukes, which can also cure the backlog-of-rad-waste problem, turns out to be possible, then it’s going to happen; for a short while, until the Long Descent says: ‘Enough!’. If it turns out in hindsight to have been a move which at least cleaned up some of our previous insults to the planet, then good.

It won’t last for long, in any case. Russia is no more a repository of endless commodities than anywhere else on Earth. They will accept the Descent eventually, even if they hold out longer than most, because they will have no more choice than the rest of us. Wouldn’t you rather have a planet scattered with dead, but non-radioactive, nukes than one scattered with Chernobyls and Fukushimas? I would. In any case, you can depend on it: if the Russians make it feasible, it will happen. And as James Lovelock and others point out: the Earth has always had background radiation, which diminishes naturally, over the longer term. Yet life has thriven in all that time; and it will continue to do so, whatever we human fools smear about during our short period of playing, Sorcerer’s Apprentice style, with techie toys that we can’t really handle.

It’s a matter of doing what’s practically possible, paying notice to human psychology, as well as to technical feasiblity. I’d like to see the waste eaten and neutralised.

As you know I favour the more “esoteric” theory (esp. re: quantum and hyper-time), that states that there are moments in time which (when properly calculated), are more than just “appropriate” they are in-fact correct, when all other precautions are properly taken -see storage-, for sending loads of nuclear waste on a journey to the Sun. In this scenario lunar storage may be preferable prior to disposal.

Sorry Rhis I just don’t think the solution was ever meant to be simple, it’s our sht and we will have to clean it up…

G

#HinkleyPoint “Did You Hear the One About the Seismologist and the Nuclear Reactor?” #NuclearPower #DragonsandFables

“Go Away! Go Away!” “Woof woof! Woof woof!”: https://www.arafel.co.uk/2016/07/hinkleypoint-did-you-hear-one-about.html

1 Like

These appropriate moments in time: Do they allow for massive, multi-ton-payload rocket fleets (presumably only single-use if they’re going to plunge into the Sun) with ABSOLUTE guarantees never to explode on take-off, scattering - as ‘The Wild West Show’ puts it - shit and decrepitation on all onlookers?

Or is it some sort of wizardish magic which isn’t constrained by ordinary physics? Failing such - currently impossible - miracles, I think I’d go with Dmitry’s waste-eating next-gen reactors. Best of a set of bad choices. BTW, how does the Sun feel about we impudent atomies on one of His minor planets shooting this shite at Him? If it were me, I might be a bit peevish and say: “I do fusion! I don’t want your fission-shite thrown at me! Here it is back. Deal with it yourselves!” :wink: :grinning:

“impudent atomies on one of His minor planets shooting this shite at Him?” From what I understand good old Sol is okay with it as long as we promise not to shoot any-more nuclear powered vehicles into space… #mathematics #plutocrats

1 Like

Maybe if the rocket is calibrated for a certain time about two millennia ago it could create a lovely supernova to light the way of some wise men on camels and provide a founding myth for a lovely new religion in which everyone is Kind and Nice? Or has this one been tried?

Well the alternative is to leave it on earth for how many generations? Chronology…mathematics…see my point? Funnily enough though even in my scenario the more you have to dispose of the more dangerous it gets…you follow?

Really need a link or such for this Rhis…!

G, subscribe to his website, like me. I have a contract with him not to re-post until he does.

He states categorically that Russian science is developing the rad-waste-eating technology right now, which will enable rendering harmless all the accumulated stuff worldwide, and enable new stations to generate electricity without generating toxic waste. I have no further confirmation, but Dmitry has proved to be both an honest and and an accurate witness for years, admitting the times when his expectations were mistaken; or, more often, simply out in their timing.

I don’t believe that this new tech. has any chance at all of preventing the de-industrialising process of the Long Descent. Nor does Dmitry, I think. But he’s moved back to Russia with his Russian wife and child because he thinks - rightly, I believe - that Russia, as currently delineated in its national territory, has the means to avoid de-industrialisation for a longer period than anywhere else on Earth; because it has the essential resources under its control to keep national industrialism going for longer.

JMGreer points out that if population pressure continues to build in China for a while longer, then East Siberia will come into contention between the Russian and Chinese states - currently so matey though they are. Liebensraum.

It depends on the course of the current human population-overshoot episode. The signs, as I daresay you’ve picked up, are that there is already a detectable slackening of numbers growth widely observed, including in China - exactly on cue as ‘The Limits To Growth’ projected in its famous graphs - as we head towards the mid-century time when the growth curve is expected to turn down. So, it may not come to war between Russia and China. The cooperation may be able to continue.

I’ll wait and see what gets announced eventually about this new tech. Open minded. If it turns out to be right, it will be a game-changer. I simply don’t believe there’s any practicable chance whatever of shooting the toxic waste into space. In fact I’d say space travel as a whole is on its last legs here on planet Earth already, as the industrial underpinning that makes it possible continues to fade away.

As the Anglozionist empire continues to collapse, I imagine the Russians or Chinese will slyly send robot machinery to overfly closely, or even land in, the Sea of Tranquility on the Moon, to demonstrate conclusively that there’s no sign, no abandoned space junk, to show that the US ever went there. At the moment I consider that an open question, by no manner of means settled. What else can we do when checking out the assertions of The Great Liar?

Certainly we urgently need to reassess our priorities re: the way we explore the cosmos…as I said if anything is likely to upset Sol it’s our continued use of nuclear power in space…here I think that you may understand that I’m talking about a major change in consciousness…mankind simply does not have the right to f**k about wherever (and whenever), it likes…the non-use of nuclear power would certainly change the way we go about space exploration…#magnetosphereMars

Astrotometry

You will note the majority of John’s videos are now more than ten years old: https://www.youtube.com/user/astrotometry

Also see: http://www.astrotometry.com/

His work on seismology and coronal mass ejections is stunning, however, he clearly had something of a nervous breakdown (I hope he’s o.k), see vids. esp: 2015 & 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4JD1YVQl1A (you esp. should watch the prev. vid. Rhis!) & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw-5lU9pPhk

My “Sun shot” theory is astrotometrically based…

"Gravity as a hidden connection

Einstein realized that in order for photons to entangle throughout the cosmos, gravity must somehow cooperate with the movement of light. Einstein resolved the “spooky action at a distance” of quantum mechanics with something he called “Teleparallel Gravitation”. Now, Bryant has observed coincidences of solar activity and planetary movements he believes validates Einstein’s hypothesis that the Universe has an inherent time-space symmetry.

The great minds of the twentieth century - Einstein, Feynman, Wheeler, Hawking all kept trying to get us to visualize time as being something that exists out there, simultaneously, in the same way that space exists out there and all around us. Now, Bryant is working on a brand new system which shows a deeper understanding of these ideas: Bryant is proposing that time folds over multiple axes, and believes the mysteries of the photon can be sorted out by treating it as an indicator of where space-time folds.

He calls his vision of a manifold of space-time the “astrotome”. His system of understanding that “tome”, that large “book” containing all possible expressions of mass and energy, is called “Astrotometry”. John is providing some tantalyzing glimpses into the possibilities of what it means if the sun is actually our “primary time axis” as John refers to it. Could solar features be entwined with events that are approaching us in time here on Earth, like earthquakes, hurricanes, or volcanos? If every thing and every time exists simultaneously, then reverse-time causality, and resonances and nodes that connect the future, the present, and the past together are easier to visualize. And as I reported not long ago in “Google and the Group Mind”, this idea has been confirmed by scientists in the lab: there really are experiments that have been conducted now which prove that the future “leaks” back into the present.

Astrotometry

I’d like to quote from John here, because he’s able to describe his work much better than I:

In the three dimensional version of Astrotometry, the observed movement of the photon is understood to be a sort of illusion. Astrotometry models matter and energy as node-patterns in standing waveforms. The node-patterns re-materialize from moment to moment in a conservative 3D space where nothing may move without simultaneously effecting and being affected by everything else." Also go to: http://imaginingthetenthdimension.blogspot.com/2009/02/astrotometry.html for vids.

Nb. I, however, am not a flat-earther or disbeliever in the authenticity of the Moon landings. It’s as if John is too clever for his own good and “spins out of control” easily (he could do with some “grounding” from our ancient archaeology imho)! You couldn’t actually say he’d gone “off-planet” (unless he’s fallen off)!

I’m afraid I regard astrotometry as one of the less credible cospithirries. I never spent a lot of time on it. I don’t see anything in it that convinces me that there’s any use in pursuing it deeply. Time of life has to be apportioned sensibly.

As stated above, I don’t think space travel for Earthlings is going to exist for much longer. Most probably we’ve never been outside the Van Allen Belts so far, anyway. The ‘American Moon landings’ seem unlikely to have actually happened, because of the ferocious and apparently still unsolved problems of deep space radiation streams, to say nothing of the constant cloud of sand-blasting particles flying about at ultra high speeds. And how about running around on the Moon where every shadow drops you into something near absolute-zero temperature, whilst every sunlit spot is at the temperature of a medium-hot oven…?

There may still be a bit longer for robot machines sent into space, but not even long for that. It’s a simple matter of having the technical capability to do it, which in turn relies on having a hitech industrial society, which in turn depends on having the physical resources to maintain it.

Those resources in many cases - most especially cheap, abundant energy to drive it all - are now reaching the cut-off point where it’s no longer possible, literally physically impossible, to mount extravagant industrial processes to mine, refine and engineer them to - amongst many other things - enable space travel. We had just the one stash of physical resources bequeathed to us by the Earth, and we’ve now blown most of the feasible-to-get stuff away.

The matter of exploration of ‘inner space’ is entirely different, requiring no more physical resources than the freedom to sit under a tree in deep meditation for long periods of extended work. However, this exploration is fraught - hyper-fraught! - with booby-traps for the unwary, leading to hosts of cock-eyed systems of thought which simply lure their enthusiasts up endless garden paths to absolutely nowhere useful. It’s a perennial danger. Trickster/Coyote/Loki LOVES such naughty games! :grinning:

People whose thought I find impressive, such as Rupert Sheldrake or Tom Campbell, have prudent ‘inner-space’ systems of thought which I find highly credible, by contrast. And both of their lines of investigation can handle the idea of bodies like the Sun having intelligent consciousness, and therefor active agency, even in the physical world.

Whenever investigating assertions of conspiracies by the rabid guardians of current orthodoxies to prevent arcane knowledge from getting out into general understanding, it’s always necessary to do a sniff test. I don’t know any other way to describe it; “Does this particular alleged conspiracy smell credible? Might it be objectively real?”

It’s a matter of separating out the objectively possible from the products of the endless garden paths. Some conspiracies are real; some are imagined by the rationally unwary. You have to restrict your time and effort to the real ones.

On the strength of that background, I don’t think there’s any likelihood at all of us shooting lots of rad-waste into space. Otoh, a briefly-operating new generation of nuclear generating plants - for the short time that they would have to operate before the industrial society which enables them has gone for good - plants which could be able to eat and neutralise our current headache of global dumps of high-radioactivity nuclear waste… Well, that seems entirely feasible, whilst it’s still operable; if the required technology really can be developed. I wait to see.

“less credible cospithirries” Astrotometry is not a “conspiracy theory” at all…although I know John felt (and maybe has been too), conspired against…it’s one of the more sensible progressive theories (linked to emergence), out there Rhis…I seriously urge you to give it more time…

"The ‘American Moon landings’ seem unlikely to have actually happened, because of the ferocious and apparently still unsolved problems of deep space radiation streams" There’s no doubt cosmic radiation is a problem…

Clobbering Time

there’s a lot of research being done on low energy use protective fields at present…

Mm-hmm. And have they got anything to show for it? I’ll take the Moon landing claim more seriously when I can see some substantive evidence that the radiation, the sand-blasting, and the deep-freeze/fast-fry temperature gradient problems are solved - and were already solved at the time of the Apollo show. Of course they weren’t. They aren’t even solved now. So how did the intrepid astronauts get there and back and survive it all…?

PS: I’m really not interested in turning this thread into a ‘Did the Moon landings actually happen’ maunder. So - along with astrotometry - I’ll leave it at that.

FYI “The Martian” film highlights the radiation dangers that could occur on a round trip to Mars. While the mission in the film is fictional, NASA has already started working on the technology to enable an actual trip to Mars in the 2030s. In the film, the astronauts’ habitat on Mars shields them from radiation, and indeed, radiation shielding will be a crucial technology for the voyage. From better shielding to advanced biomedical countermeasures, NASA currently studies how to protect astronauts and electronics from radiation – efforts that will have to be incorporated into every aspect of Mars mission planning, from spacecraft and habitat design to spacewalk protocols.

“The space radiation environment will be a critical consideration for everything in the astronauts’ daily lives, both on the journeys between Earth and Mars and on the surface,” said Ruthan Lewis, an architect and engineer with the human spaceflight program at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. “You’re constantly being bombarded by some amount of radiation.”": https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/real-martians-how-to-protect-astronauts-from-space-radiation-on-mars From NASA make of it what you will…(I don’t always trust them either esp. re: Gary McKinnon etc.: https://www.arafel.co.uk/2017/06/the-real-star-wars-maxspiersrip-reagan.html?spref=tw), …

I expect you’ll live longer than me, G. So - remember my words, see whether they’re right:

There isn’t going to be a manned mission to Mars, or to the Moon for that matter; especially not from the collapsing USA. The intractable problems of sending living creatures into deep space, together with the remorseless tightening down of the Long Descent that’s taking away our physical capabilities to do such stuff, makes that a good bet. I am just betting, of course. But I reckon it’s an odds-on wager.

The window of opportunity when it might just have been technologically and economically feasible is almost closed. 'Taint going to happen. See the Gail Tverberg article to which I’ve just posted a link, for one example of the broad flood of hard information that’s making these dispiriting things clear.

I hope there isn’t until we’ve changed our attitudes to nuclear power…

A fine time piece, itself, takes time to assemble…

Antikythera-Mechanism

1 Like