5 Filters

Another Nate Hagens conversation, with physicist Tom Murphy this time

To set besides Nate’s conversation with systems-ecologist Professor Bill Rees, also posted here a few days back.

Once again, uncompromising realism about our current simply unsustainable situation, and where we are heading. Not doom and universal catastrophe, btw. Not at all; but certainly… Interesting Times.

Note in particular how Tom describes towards the end of the conversation the way children in each generation make a fresh start in accepting the situation into which they’re born, whatever it is, and get on with trying to live normally in it.

I was reminded of a visit I got this afternoon from my best beloved, K, her daughter F, and K’s grand-daughter (whom I regard as my great-grand-daughter) my beautiful three-year-old Agatha; ‘Goldilocks’; the sweetie-chatterer; the budding tap-dancer, with appropriate shoes already acquired… :slight_smile:

As I was mentioning to Gerard in a recent chat just down the board from here, travelling by train and seeing the trees lurking everywhere, even in the very midst of the Birmingham conurbation, on every neglected bit of land that would serve as a refuge; waiting for the time when they come sweeping back over the land again… The tone of this Nate/Tom conversation is also not despairing or defeatist.

I’d call it understated, but steely, realism, with a spine of - quite justified - hope for a different track for our future; a much better one, that really can be sustainable. I see little signals of hope everywhere for this outcome. But only when we’ve made some sweeping changes in our attitudes and our foundational myths. Which we will - perforce! :slight_smile:

You only have to ingest these deeply-realist conversations published by Nate to realise how hopelessly, blind-crazy the WEFoids are, and how their mad startrekkytechietechie delusions haven’t a snowball’s chance in hell of ever being workable. Thank Big Mind!

And speaking of Big Mind, aka ‘The Larger Consciousness System’, can I recommend once again that seekers look into the teachings of Tom Campbell at his ‘My Big TOE’ website, for the spiritual/fundamental-physics basis on which our justified optimism can be founded.

This time, the Nate-chat is only a merciful half-an-hour… :slight_smile: :

And the link to Nate’s previous conversation with William Rees: