5 Filters

Andrew Bridgen speech about the WHO treaty

Not seen this yet - laters.

2 Likes

I highly recommend that everyone should watch this. If you can’t access Rumble I think it’s still available on Brigen’s FuckYouTube channel.

1 Like

Thanks Rich. Bridgen spoke tellingly, almost a lone voice among the rhetoric.
Christopher Chope, Esther McVey and Danny Kruger also made useful contributions.

Transcript here
https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2023-04-17/debates/12BE683F-A25C-46E5-9FE9-B9C12CCDA9B7/PandemicPreventionPreparednessAndResponseInternationalAgreement

Almost all of the MPs in favour of the treaty claimed it was about international cooperation.This is a good thing, the hands waved, so therefore we must give all the power to one body, or even one man - simples!
Another line taken by most was don’t worry
nothing has been agreed, it will take a while (2024) blah blah, so we can go back to sleep
we will still have sovereignty, we wouldn’t give it away like that - as they advocate for removing it - one or two claimed even that the treaty would not be binding, though some had argued that binding was needed! Weasel words.

It’s worth listening to some of the speakers for a bit to get a feel for the feeling,or absence of. One thing you don’t get in the transcript is the agitation in Bridgen’s voice as he went through all the issues.
These fell on deaf ears. Some of the Labour contributors spoke as if promoting a tech fair, barely even remembering to mention health. The Tories in favour argued that as they were the party that took us out of the EU, they obviously wouldn’t do what they are obviously trying to do.
Strange how they are trying to obtain binding commitments to relying in advance on undeveloped vaccines for pathogens as yet unknown! Oh yes I forgot, that must be because vaccines are automatically SAFE - even when they are not vaccines. :confused:

The whole debate can be watched or listened to here LIVE: Petition debate relating to an international agreement on pandemics - Monday 17 April 2023 - YouTube.
If you’re painting a room or something - though I expect most of this debate would not improve results.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :rage: :lying_face: :sleeping: :worried:
ED

1 Like

ANDREW BRIDGEN EXPELLED FROM PARTY FOR CRITICIZING VACCINES

Guess what pretext?

Earlier it was PM Rishi Sunak (whose deputy has just recently been sacked for bullying) who led the ‘antisemitic’ smear on Bridgen himself, after he made an inconvenient speech about vaccines.
Saying the vaccine disaster is the biggest (something or other) since the Holocaust obviously isn’t anti-semetic in the least - in fact he was quoting a Jewish doctor/researcher.

SInce then, as seen earlier in the thread, Bridgen gave impressive evidence to parliament about the vaccines.

Recall, when he made another speech in parliament (his second I think) about vaccines a succession of MPs had theatrically walked out.

Parliamentary privilege protects MPs from legal repercussions from accusations they make in Parliament - but this ruse to punish Bridgen - and deter others from picking up the vaccine harms issue - gets round that. Ironically, it protects Sunak - who incidentally is accused of conflict of interest over his wife’s investments.

But Bridgen isn’t guilty of anything wrong, by parliament or Tory standards

Edit: Here’s the link I just saw https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/andrew-bridgen-tory-mp-permanently-expelled-covid-vaccines-holocaust-2300827

though I don’t recommend the Indy - it will be all over.

This was the supposedly antisemitic quote:

“As one consultant cardiologist said to me, this is the biggest crime against humanity since the Holocaust.”

from this - a better link, the Epoch Times

I just left in the trailing stuff at the end
ED

COVID Vaccine Critic MP Andrew Bridgen Kicked Out of Conservative Party

Andrew Bridgen, who has had the Conservative Party whip removed after criticising COVID-19 vaccines, in a file photo issued on Jan. 11, 2023. ¶

By Owen Evans

April 26, 2023Updated: April 26, 2023

[biggersmaller](javascript:void(0))

Print

An MP who has been calling for a halt to the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines has been stripped of his Tory Party membership.

The Tories announced on Wednesday that they have now stripped Andrew Bridgen of his party membership.

A Conservative Party spokesman said: “Mr. Bridgen was expelled from the Conservative Party on April 12 following the recommendation of a disciplinary panel. He has 28 days from this date to appeal.”

The Conservatives did not discuss the findings of the disciplinary panel.

Bridgen had already lost the party whip, meaning he was sitting in the Commons as an independent.

This was over comments in March when he posted an article on Twitter (now deleted) saying, “As one consultant cardiologist said to me, this is the biggest crime against humanity since the Holocaust.”

In a statement on Wednesday, Bridgen said: “My expulsion from the Conservative Party under false pretences only confirms the culture of corruption, collusion, and cover-ups which plagues our political system.

“I have been a vocal critic of the vaccine rollout and the party have been sure to make an example of me.

“I am grateful for my newfound freedom and will continue to fight for justice for all those harmed, injured, and bereaved due to governmental incompetence.

“I will continue to serve my constituents as I was elected to do and intend to stand again at the next election.”

On Twitter, Bridgen claimed that the “Party has been sure to make an example of me.”

Some are wondering if Bridgen would run at the next election with an alternative political party.

The Reclaim Party, founded and led by the actor Laurence Fox, released a statement that it “fully supports” Bridgen’s “right and indeed obligation to give a voice in Parliament to any issue of concern raised by his constituents.”

It said that this was a “fundamental issue of free speech which has often been shut down in recent years.”

The Reclaim Party “has no further comment to make at this time,” it added.

Accusations of Anti-Semitism

After Bridgen wrote the Holocaust comments, Prime Minister Rishi Sunak said the comments were “utterly unacceptable.”

“Obviously it is utterly unacceptable to make linkages and use language like that and I’m determined that the scourge of anti-Semitism is eradicated,” he told MPs.

Former Health Secretary Matt Hancock said the words were “disgusting, anti-Semitic, anti-vax conspiracy theories,” without referring directly to Bridgen.

Hancock added the comments were “not only deeply offensive but anti-scientific and have no place in this House or in our wider society.”

Earlier that month, Bridgen was handed a five-day suspension for breaking the MPs’ code of conduct banning lobbying.

He was found to have committed a series of breaches including an “unacceptable attack upon the integrity” of then-standards commissioner Kathryn Stone.

mRNA Vaccines and WHO Criticism

Bridgen also made a claim in a parliamentary debate in December, in which he called for an “immediate” suspension of the use of mRNA vaccines.

He claimed that a person within a “prominent leadership role” in the British Heart Foundation had sent non-disclosure agreements to researchers to prevent data on potential harms from being made public.

In response, the British Heart Foundation released a statement on social media that said it “did not recognise these claims” and that it strongly refuted “all allegations made about colleagues in senior leadership roles” within the organisation.

In the parliamentary debate on vaccine harms, Bridgen said that there is a “key psychological barrier that has prevented these facts from being acknowledged by policymakers and taken up by the UK mainstream media.”

“That psychological phenomenon is wilful blindness. It is when human beings—including, in this case, institutions—turn a blind eye to the truth in order to feel safe, reduce anxiety, avoid conflict, and protect their prestige and reputations,” he added.

In April, MPs debated whether the government should hold a referendum on the UK’s involvement in the WHO pandemic treaty (pdf).

Bridgen said that he was “really worried whether colleagues have actually read the treaty.”

“Because clearly when we take out the words ‘not binding’ through an amendment, it becomes binding. These are binding treaties: if we do nothing, they are binding, legally binding across all the nations,” he said.

Andrew Bridgen didn’t respond to a request for comment from The Epoch Times.

PA Media contributed to this report.