5 Filters

An interesting conversation with Jem Bendell

I think Jem is one of the saner voices out there discussing climate, the environment, the economy and - more recently - authoritarian responses to the above as well as covid.

I’m currently reading his book - BREAKING TOGETHER – a freedom-loving response to collapse - (you can get a paid or free copy here BREAKING TOGETHER – a freedom-loving response to collapse – Prof Jem Bendell) but its going to take me a while to finish it.

Anyway. Lots of things I agree with here, and some thoughtful discussion about what we’re up against, what the future might look like and the importance of getting involved wherever we can.

2 Likes

Another chat with Jem. I like him a lot. I like his views on the new wave of climate change scepticism and the connection to the elite COVID response.

1 Like

Thanks for the links. He makes many good points about authoritarianism, the elites and climate change. I always felt that the authoritarian response to covid was going to result in a great deal of scepticism towards climate change and environmental problems more generally.

Commendable how he made the career-stopping step out of the mainstream “green” movement.

2 Likes