5 Filters

Alex Berenson blots his jotter

Former NYT journalist Berenson has been a critic of the virus and vaccine policy, and has a big profile, with 1/2m Twitter followers (or should that be had?). Noted for suing to restore his Twitter account after it was censored.
Now he could regret this success. For reasons unknown he has angered his following by tweeting to cast doubt on vaccine injured Angelia Desselle, who featured in a 2021 video as someone with dreadful-looking shakes.

Berenson tweeted this:

“These shake videos are the long Covid of the anti-mRNA movement, and equally credible. The biggest difference is that the middle-aged ladies in them are conservatives and not wokesters. PLEASE STOP. YOU AREN’T HELPING.”

He has taken pelters underneath, with hardly anyone supporting him, except troll types who attack vaccine injured for fun.

Substacker Stephanie Brail, who has had ER treatment for these shaking conditions explains a bit about it.

VAERS received 4,000+ reports of seizures following the covid vaccines in 2021 alone.

How could he possibly know that one particular victim was faking?
It’s a mystery why Berenson should have set himself up like this. Common sense says he would be crucified by many of his own supporters - not least for the heartless manner of his communications to this victim.

Berenson’s form in the latter part of the p(l)andemic is perplexing.
He went out of his way to call Robert Malone a liar on TV regarding him being an inventor of mRNA vaccines.
He publicly and scornfully castigated a former colleague over his Chronic Lyme Disease, again chronicled by Brail:

He also denounces ivermectin.

All of which is unusual behaviour for a notable caller-out of the virus narrative.
I would have presumed that without that cushy NYT job, he needs his substack income.
But these self-inflicted dents in his own popularity would seem to belie this.
Perhaps that is the key to the answer? I hate the term ‘controlled opposition’ but his choice of proiminent targets (Malone, Ivm, vaccine victims, especially those getting sympathy and publicity) and unusually poor aim (for him) could suggest they were not targets of his own choosing; and could also explain his seemingly willing and self-inflicted financial damage.
:grimacing:

3 Likes

Mark him as one to watch with great caution: unreliable commentator category.

1 Like

I agree, he is far too keen on bullying people with less of a platform. I have his book Pandemia but haven’t got past the first couple of chapters for a variety of reasons. He pulls many punches. His thesis is essentially that Covid was a genuine problem that prompted a severe overreaction. True, I think, but it’s the relatively small coterie who pushed that very very hard who deserve scrutiny. New York City being the real “epicenter”. Again, Alex points this out very ably but that’s where he draws the line. Laura Dodsworth wrote within the same paradigm, using British context, and that book I did finish. She pulls her punches too but has never indulged in territorial pissing and gives every indication of being a sterner critic away from the limelight, when you sense that Berenson would be only too glad to have a G&T with Fauci and to make sure he got the selfie to prove it.

However I didn’t find Stephanie Brail’s interjection particularly convincing. How can she credibly say that she has experience of ER admissions “at least 10-20” times in the last few years? Maybe it’s clumsy writing but that is an awfully wide range of estimates. I stopped subscribing to her Substack ages ago (and Beresford, btw) because of the shrill yet vague style she has perfected.

Sorry for the ad homs but unavoidable really.

Malone - is he the reincarnation of JFK? or MLK? George Washington? Benjamin Franklin? He appears to claim them all as his spiritual ancestors. Deep state virus pusher.
Ivermectin - dodgy allopathic chemical ‘medicine’. Maybe exterminates parasites but won’t distinguish. .
Vaccine victims - require serious compo and lessons in self-responsibility.
Berenson - wassiz game? I dunno.