5 Filters

Agent Provocateur with 'Kill Cops' banner? #KilltheBill #Covid19 #WhereisBill?

"Many in the UK defied the rules and rallied against controversial legislation that would allow authorities to place additional restrictions on public protests there. London police had urged people not to attend the demonstrations.

The protests were held in 25 cities across England and Wales, including London. People marched from the capital’s Hyde Park with placards saying ‘Protect our rights’ and ‘Kill the Bill,’ referring to the controversial proposed legislation, known as the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill.

London’s Metropolitan Police urged the public not to attend large gatherings that violate Covid-19 regulations and are punishable by fines. Similar rallies last month led to clashes with police and to arrests." Go to: https://www.rt.com/uk/520052-london-police-bill-protest/ for full article and vid.

“Together with apparently unaligned individuals, representatives from the spectrum of leftwing and other political groups were present, including anarchists, hunt saboteurs, young communists flying the red flag, and anti-lockdown protesters.” Just one more reason to “Dumb the Guardian”: https://web.archive.org/web/20210403144653/https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/03/kill-the-bill-protesters-rally-across-england-and-wales-on-saturday

Pls. see videohttps://twitter.com/thatbloodyMikey/status/1378476479604998145 It seems the Met have got themselves a new dancing partner!

"A representative of Polish Catholic Mission Balham, which runs the church, added worshippers “obeyed” the police “without objection”.

“We believe, however, that the police have brutally exceeded their powers by issuing their warrant for no good reason,” the spokesman added." https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54694920 #HeisRisen

barrettbrown.medium.com/barrett-brown-on-pursuance-ae7a2255b11f https://wired.com/2016/12/anonymous-barrett-brown-free-ready-pick-new-fights/? Did he just know where to be in order not to get whacked?!

Barrett Brown Barrett Brown1

I must admit I hadn’t heard much about this guy but I’m not a great “Anonymous” fan, I think it’s too threatening and counter-productive, perhaps he was just flashing off skills he’d learnt inside. Can’t thank him for the Kill Cops banner no matter which side he is on! Might not be him but the profile fits and he has been living here.

Barret Brown3

1 Like

Hi @GKH ,

Forgive me for interfering with your post title, but I thought it would be a good test to try out the new optional Tags feature that has been enabled on this board. This way you can apply multiple tags (rather than categories) to a particular post title. Tags are searchable so are easy to look for and collate if need be.

If you don’t like it, please feel free to remove them, or tell me to sod-off and I’ll remove them for you.

Regards
admin

No problem…I still don’t know how to apply multiple categories (did message you), …

Thanks - I just pinged you a note back. Tags are the way to go - I think they will do what you want

1 Like

It’s definitely him, but I’d never heard of the guy before yesterday either. His blog adds some context.

Agent provocateur is no misnomer, that’s for sure @GKH

It’s not a fantastically persuasive piece let’s say. Not someone to trust IMHO.

1 Like

Neither are these guys!

Leaked briefing provides a snapshot of a new police unit that’s spying on protesters

Quote; "An internal police briefing leaked online provides a snapshot into the workings of a new intelligence unit. The role of this unit is to spy on protesters across the UK. It’s a division of the National Police Coordination Centre (NPoCC). And its work appears to be very similar to that of an earlier unit, the officers of which were subsequently dubbed ‘spycops’.

Confidential

The briefing document states that the author is “NPoCC Strategic Intelligence & Briefing (SIB)”. But the document’s metadata shows that it was actually authored by Alex Fedorcio of the National Counter Terrorism Policing HQ (NCTPHQ). The NCTPHQ devises “policy and strategy, and provides corporate and support services to the CT [Counter Terrorism] network”.

The document prefaces that: “This report is solely for the use of approved named individuals on NPoCC’s audited distribution list”.

Monitoring protests

The bulk of the document refers to the policing of protests over the weekend of 13/14 June 2020. These were Black Lives Matter (BLM) protests.

We will not share your information with third parties. Please see our Privacy Policy for information.

For example, the briefing for the London protests of 13 June listed the following:

• 13/06/2020: MPS A protest is planned at Katie’s Statue HA1 1LF from 1100hrs.
• 13/06/2020: MPS A protest is planned at Shooters Hill from 1200hrs.
• 13/06/2020: MPS A protest is planned in Croydon from 1200hrs.
• CANCELLED 13/06/2020: MPS A protest is planned from Hyde Park to Trafalgar Square from
1300 to 1800hrs.
• 13/06/2020: MPS A protest is planned in Alexander Park from 1300 to 1500hrs.
• 13/06/2020: MPS A protest is planned in Kennington Park from 1300hrs.
• 13/06/2020: MPS A protest is planned at Newington Green Roundabout from 1400 to 1800hrs.
• 13/06/2020: MPS A protest is planned in Enfield Town.

The document similarly listed more protests that were expected over that weekend.

Related articles

In the aftermath, the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) posted images of persons wanted in connection with alleged violence – many of these were of Black and Brown men. However, The Canary reported at the time on how the source of the violence was not BLM protesters but the far-right.

Spycops unit

But there’s another dimension that requires attention.

According to Netpol, which seeks to “monitor public order, protest and street policing,” NPoCC-SIB should be seen as a new ‘spycops‘ unit. Netpol’s comments came after the publication of a March 2021 report by HM Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire & Rescue Services (HMICFRS) that stated:

Since the late 1990s, the police have made various arrangements for managing protest-related intelligence nationally. In recent years, this has fallen under the remit of Counter Terrorism Policing (CTP).

In January 2020, the NPCC decided to reallocate responsibilities. Low-level aggravated activism intelligence was transferred to the National Police Coordination Centre (NPoCC).

The HMICFRS report added:

The NPoCC’s strategic intelligence and briefing team (NPoCC SIB) was created in April 2020. Its remit is to manage intelligence related to low-level aggravated activists and protests that have the potential to cause disorder or significant disruption on a national or cross-regional scale. It is also responsible for giving intelligence and assessments to police forces.

Netpol argues that the NPoCC-SIB is essentially:

the return of the National Public Order Intelligence Unit, which employed the undercover officer Mark Kennedy whose unlawful activities helped to trigger the ongoing Undercover Policing Inquiry.

Kennedy worked for the National Public Order Intelligence Unit over many years as an undercover operative. As The Canary previously reported, HMICFRS revealed:

that 3,466 undercover operations took place in England and Wales between October 2009 and September 2013 alone. These operations were carried out by the National Public Order Intelligence Unit (NPOIU) – the successor to the SDS [Special Demonstration Squad]. It also found that by 2014 a reported 1,229 officers in England and Wales were trained as UCOs [undercover officers].

Further, the Guardian described the NPOIU as “essentially a giant database of protest groups and protesters in the country”. Its purpose is to:

gather, assess, analyse and disseminate intelligence and information relating to criminal activities in the United Kingdom where there is a threat of crime or to public order which arises from domestic extremism or protest activity

Careers at SIB

It appears that job ads for the NPoCC-SIB back up Netpol’s claim. One such ad by the Met, with an application deadline of 27 October 2020, stated:

NPoCC SIB provides intelligence assessment for both police and law enforcement stakeholders. …

Our core responsibilities are within public order policing – to develop assessments, event planning and the review of security in line with policing’s core duties to prevent and detect crime, keep the peace and to protect life and property.

It described the role as involving:

collating, summarising and interpreting a range of overt and covert information sources to deliver valuable, insightful research to inform the threat, risk and harm picture across the UK.

“Covert information sources” is more commonly referred to as “covert human intelligence sources” (CHIS). In other words, persons – including undercover officers – who spy upon or infiltrate police targets. Given the deadline for applications, it’s assumed the ad was published in the same or previous month that the bill legalising CHIS was going through the second reading stage in parliament (it’s now passed the third reading).

According to the College of Policing, CHIS can include: ‘victims, witnesses, suspects, colleagues such as local and field intelligence officers, community sources including community and race advisers, local councillors, religious leaders and members of the community’.

Return of ‘spycops’

The Guardian, Undercover Research, and The Canary have been pivotal over the last few years in exposing the work of ‘spycops’. In particular, the fake and in some cases real identities of the undercover officers (UCOs) involved. Some UCOs formed long-term sexual relationships with women activists. At least thirty women were exploited in this way.

Kennedy was one of the UCOs who exploited women: with ‘Lisa Jones’ over six years; with Kate (‘Lily’) over two years; with ‘Naomi’; and with Sarah Hampton.

This video shows ‘Lisa’ and Kate explaining what happened:

Class warfare

Recently the UK has seen protests on the streets against the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill that’s going through parliament. On 27 March, The Canary published an article on a report by the HM Inspectorate of Police and Fire and Rescue Services (HMICFRS). Controversially, that report recommended the banning of public assemblies under certain circumstances.

The report added that intelligence gathering was already being used to target protests. And it specifically named BLM and Extinction Rebellion:

intelligence managers from the forces we inspected gave some positive feedback on the NPoCC SIB’s work so far. We heard from several officers that it had provided good-quality and useful intelligence in relation to protest activity, including from Black Lives Matter and Extinction Rebellion. One intelligence manager told us that, during the Black Lives Matter protests that took place throughout the country in summer 2020, the NPoCC SIB held national telephone conferences with forces to report on events and share information.

Clearly that last sentence refers to the NPoCC-SIB’s briefing document." https://www.thecanary.co/uk/analysis/2021/04/03/leaked-briefing-provides-a-snapshot-of-a-new-police-unit-thats-spying-on-protesters/

Barrett confirms that it’s him in the pictures…

Quote; A short treatise on my involvement in the protest against UK’s censorship-by-violence bill, as well as the odd rumors about me secretly being a cop.

I attended the #KillTheBill demo yesterday in central London, where I’ve been living since late last year, and upon arriving was asked by some other activists to help hold up a modular banner with the words “Cops Kill”, as may be seen in some of the footage that’s been floating around. As may be seen in other photos, we went on to switch the banners around so that it then read “Kill Cops”, which I considered to be sound advice even before the present UK government began its current attempt to give such cops the right to arrest peaceful protesters on the vague grounds that they can potentially upset people. Perhaps I’m still bitter about the time in 2018 when the Dallas police responded to my articles and advocacy vis a vis their Botham Jean murder by trying to cover-up a bomb threat made to the magazine I wrote for in retaliation and then repeatedly got caught lying about it to Dallas City Council and my editor. I also seem to recall doing a number of years in federal prison in a case that was widely denounced by groups like Reporters Without Borders and a range of media outlets as retaliation for my work exposing firms like Palantir and Endgame Systems in tandem with the same DOJ that later prosecuted me over these very same issues. So, you know, I’m not keen on cops.

Like pretty much everyone else including cops and their supporters, I advocate violence.*" Go to: https://barrettbrown.medium.com/andy-ngo-and-the-metropolitan-police-are-being-mean-to-me-again-and-im-sad-bb01d2f357d0 for full post.

*Italics mine. So were my reservations about “Anonymous” correct? It would appear so #nonviolence #povertyistheworstformofviolence #isolationistheworstformoftorture

My take is this, the Deep State doesn’t show its face because it is afraid…we must not be so afraid #feelthefearanddoitanyway, however, I would add a caveat, when it comes to the vulnerable being discriminated against because they have chosen to exercise the right to protest I believe anonymity is necessary, for when the disabled are forced to protest outside the institutions of public representation society has failed, in such a failed state it is beholden upon the able-bodied to protect the rights of those for whom the full-expression of democratic freedoms is no longer viable.
If the disabled are present at a protest surely the desire must, at the very least, be one for non-violence, how arrogant, by creating unrest, to enforce one’s insecurities on those less able to cope than yourself. Some “get-off” by creating a climate of fear but funnily enough they are in denial too.

When one is engaged in trying to identify 5th Columnists and agent provocateurs people with agendas like Brown’s are simply loose cannons…very, very dangerous.

1 Like

So this unit is essentially our FBI, but with added boot boy energy?

I did enjoy this quote, which I’ve independently fact checked:

They are wealth defenders, nothing more, with some statue sentinel duties thrown in to impress the Baa Baa Cee.

1 Like

I’d meant to offer £0.02 on Anonymous. Which maybe an overvaluation. Probably no more credible in the real sense than QAnon is.

1 Like

Non-violence isn’t easy that’s why it doesn’t happen often but when it does it’s effective…

#Covid19 passports are authoritarian, illogical, vile

A whole new architecture of state surveillance is being introduced under the guise of ‘safety

"The Covid passport is a revolting idea. Authoritarian. Discriminatory. Un-British. The PM will give us more details in a press conference today but it’s a mark of how far lockdown has warped our values that it’s already being hailed as a “freedom pass”. The public is all for it, of course: these are the people who call the cops when they see a queue outside a church. We’ve become so used to control that being permitted to do something that in ordinary times would be quite normal, like go to the theatre or attend a football match, is treated as a benign act of mercy by an all-loving state.

The lesser gods of Westminster will say that Covid certification can help us open up sooner, but the rumour is that the technology won’t be operational until September, by when the vast majority of us will be immunised anyway, so what’s the point? They’ll say it will be temporary: they said that with the first lockdown. And just like they said ID cards need only worry you if you’ve got something to hide, so they’ll say Covid passports will only inconvenience people who refuse to get a shot.
Advertisement

But if the tech is up and running before September, there’ll be loads of people who won’t have had a jab or a recent history of infection, and I wouldn’t blame them if they’re reluctant to take a test now because they’ve been known to give the wrong result. If the outcome is positive, that’s life ruined for the next few weeks. Weddings cancelled. Jobs lost. The young, who have already put their careers and private lives on hold, will suffer the most, while the elderly can go to see Phantom on Ice. Plus we know that some groups are less likely to be tested or jabbed than others, because they live beyond the reach of the state or they don’t trust it. Just imagine what would happen at some Islamic or Pentecostal event when half the audience show up without a passport and have to be turned away.

It will be Windrush all over again. I mean it. At the heart of the Windrush scandal, whereby Commonwealth citizens who had lived here for decades were threatened with deportation, was the outrageous, un-British proposition that a citizen should have to prove their Britishness. Hitherto it was largely accepted that in this country the state leaves you alone unless you are doing something wrong. With Windrush, individuals were assumed to be up to no good unless they could prove otherwise. The lockdown has pushed that hideous notion to its logical conclusion, to the extent that we have been prevented from doing things that are probably of no harm, like sitting on a park bench, and now, if these horrid passports are introduced, we’ll even have to prove that we are in good health.
Advertisement

The Government seems determined to give David Icke fresh material for his next book. What next? A barcode on your head?

I’ve always been willing to accept lockdown as a temporary suspension of rights for a greater good. I don’t want to risk passing this illness on to a vulnerable person. But the very point of vaccinations – or so we were repeatedly told – was that they would allow us to regain our rights as fast as possible. Instead, they are now being used as cover, even justification, for the introduction of a whole new architecture of mass surveillance – and I am sick of it. I’m sick of masks, of spying, of lectures, and sick to the back teeth of false promises and false starts. Last week, Chris Whitty told us that in the future Covid would be managed like flu, which I take to mean a disease that we avoid and resist but ultimately live with.

Well, we don’t have passports for flu, do we? I’d rather see big events cancelled than this stuff become considered quotidian; I’d rather individuals were invited to judge risk for themselves than ordain the Government as guarantor of health and safety. For goodness sake, we are making real progress! We are immunising at a rate of knots and those of under 40 are willing to wait patiently for our turn because the prize*, as far as I’m concerned, is that we’ll finally be left alone. What a blessing that will be! I have no desire to have the state police my health for the rest of my life." Covid passports are authoritarian, illogical, vile

*Italics mine. The aim, therefore, should be to convince commentators like this on the right that vaccination is the very opposite of panacea but this is something only those with an understanding of medicine can do. Medicine informs the welfare state and look at the mess the Tories have made of that! They are poor doctors to the body politic.

1 Like

Basically the Thunderer is correct, of course, but bandying around rhetoric like unBritish is laughable, unless of course one regards British values as some gold standard of integrity.

Pass the sick bucket.

I was surprised to see, from same source, that Qweef Starmer was signalling disapproval of covid passports. But, apparently, this may be because of infrastructure concerns rather than any airy notions of liberty/human rights.

Which probably translates as "…only if some of my mates get some juicy contracts.

The ‘Roadmap Reviews: Update’ published 5 April is quite a read. In a document riddled with officialese doublespeak this will serve as a representative sample:

“…organisations are able to ask customers for proof of COVID-status […and the] Government believes that introducing a ban on this would in most cases be an unjustified intrusion on how businesses choose to make their premises safe”

1 Like

Hi @KarenEliot , thanks for the link. It asked if there was something wrong. I replied “it doesn’t make sense to ignore all medical treatments apart from experimental “vaccines”. :smile:

The US seem to be designing the hymn sheet:

cheers

2 Likes

Close harmonies now folks…!

2 Likes