5 Filters

A poll: Do You Love the Royal Family?

Probably a waste of time asking this here.

The real wealth of the Royal family runs into many £trillions.

If you live in the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and many other places, every inch of land is owned by the Crown. Many people in the UK, for example, don’t realise that when they buy a property the bricks and mortar are yours, but the land those bricks and mortar sits on is owned by the Crown (try contesting this in one of Her Majesty’s courts of law). You should look at the small print of your mortgage closely.

Anyhows, it’s been a laugh watching coverage of Queenypoo’s death. How much completely facile bullshit can they spin out for days/weeks on end?

To summarise, I suppose I find this totally criminal and dysfunctional family amusing, but as long as I don’t have to pay for these parasites from my taxes.

Here’s my answer, at least about king charlie.

This ghoulish mafia family will take as much as the people will give and WHY NOT?

The utter shame is NOT that the British people give and give and give and grovel and grovel and grovel and give and give and give. We all are forced to do the same, in one way or another.

The utter shame is that it’s so exposed and out in the open and so RIDICULOUS looking. It’s like showing off your esteemed Uncle at a dinner party and expecting all to admire him and he’s sitting naked at the table in a bathtub of his own shit and piss wearing a golden crown and babbling incomprehensibly and everybody is expected to listen respectfully in silence and nod along.

My response, Rob:

No personal animus against the Windsors as fellow humans. We’re all immortal souls; none of us are ever without blemishes; so, give them the due compassion which we all deserve (and which we all get each time our souls re-visit the bardo-state, between incarnations; as the soul which has just finished its ninety-six-year task of running the avatar Elizabeth Windsor is finding out yet again, right now…)

However, at the same time as all this due compassion applies to the Windsors as common humanity, note that the institution of monarchy, as we have it currently in Britain, is a monstrous, criminal imposition, deeply involved in promoting the - still-on-going - crimes of empire, now mostly committed by Britain in the form of the world-swindling scams of the City of London, and in the form of mindlessly compliant attack-dog crimes by the English-raj-class’s deep-state forces, for the Anglozionist (US) empire, since it superseded the English empire.

This attack-dog arrangement has persisted since the triumph of the atlanticist faction of the English raj-class over its rival carry-on-empire faction, after the Suez debacle in '56. The Windsors went along with that deeply-shameful re-arrangement of Britain’s status, without visible demur, whatever they really thought of it.

The attack-dog fag end of the English empire is deeply engaged, for example, in subversive secret war-mongering in the Ukraine, right now; with Syria as another example, to name just two of a long string of still currently-active imperial crimes.

All of these crimes are helped to get covered over with a fake mantle of respectability and justification by the non-stop Windsor circus, run by its English-deep-state managers for precisely that purpose.

In such matters, the Windsors are deeply involved as accessories to the continuing crimes of empire. They are given a simple choice:

Stay with the firm into which you happen to have been born (unlucky you!), go through the tinsel-town rituals that we write for you, keep your nose clean, and you can have WealthPowerStatus (the poisonously-addictive trinity) to your heart’s content.

Otoh, repudiate the firm, and life could become very difficult for you - as it will sooner or later for the annoyingly still over-loud couple Henry and Meg(h)an Hewitt, whom we thought we’d got rid of - unless you have the sense to keep your lip buttoned, and stay right out of sight, as Edward Windsor does. In that case, you’ll get a residual allowance from the public purse which, though relatively modest compared to the pay-offs to the active members of the firm, will still keep you at the top end of the world’s Pampered Twenty Percent, for life; and your spawn too, natch.

Getting - unfortunately - born into a hyper-manipulative situation like that, even Gotama found himself tempted to remain in the gilded life of the prince for his early years, before breaking out towards greater purposes. None of the Windsors, being much more average people than the extraordinary Gotama, have what it takes to make that break. Possibly the invisible Edward Windsor and the virtually invisible Anne Laurence (previously Phillips, nee Windsor) are the nearest thing to circus drop-outs.

In any case, all of them need to be re-assigned a different status: that of ordinary citizen of Britain; and they should have all their excess wealth removed to the public purse - along with all the ridiculous titles and and the ritual fawning - and they should then do as the rest of us do, and make what arrangements they best can for actually earning an average living as common citizens. Good enough for me, and for everyone else here at 5F, I imagine; so - good enough for them. (Wonder how Charles and Camilla would make out trying to live on PIPs…!)

Even so, just like the rest of us in Britain, they would still be members of the world’s PTP.

I was sorrier by far to hear about Jean-Luc Godard’s death; he actually contributed towards making the world more beautiful.

1 Like

According to a piece in today’s Guardian, if you don’t love the royal family you are mentally ill…

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/14/array-of-motivations-the-threats-fixated-people-pose-to-royals

Is there any trick a well-paid, well-cherished mediawhore won’t do…?

1 Like

Rhis, my mother will turn 81-years-old this coming November. Like you, my mother is one of the few people still around who remember the last time we had a change of monarch. The pomp and ceremony is off the scale, exacerbated thesedays by 24 hour media and all the digital stuff.

Whatever people’s feelings about it, this is a very historic moment; more so against the backdrop of a war with Russia and the ‘cost of living crisis’.

This time next year I’m not sure if Britain will still have a monarchy; depending on how grim the winter months might become, where we’re looking at the complete economic and societal collapse of Europe (which has all been planned).

Oh, and I should perhaps add that my mother is a staunch republican. My family are all grainy working class, and I would guess that there’s about a 50-50 split between republicans and royalists.

Latest news I have is that next Monday, the day of Queenypoos funeral, all other funerals in the UK have been cancelled, foodbanks will be closed and hotels and leisure resorts will shut up shop, throwing occupants out on the streets for 24 hours.

Who needs to watch a dystopian movie when you live in Britain in 2022?

A little bit more about my mother (whose driving me mad at the moment!): My mother was finally evacuated (from London) in 1944 to Lyme Regis in Dorset, where she remembers walking along the beach and hearing a massive barrage of artillery from across the Channel. The D-Day landings.

1 Like

I remember the air-raid sirens. They terrified my three-year-old self.