5 Filters

A brilliant reminder about the meaning of free speech

This is well worth reading and spreading imo.

cheers

Thanks CJ. I have far too many SubStack posts ā€¦ um ā€¦ stacked up, but will catch up with this one in due course. How did ā€œfree speechā€ become this right wing extremist thingā€¦? I guess the very public flouncing, for years now, by Those That Take Offence, must have poisoned the well?

It is, C. Very good article. Has at least one blemish that I saw, though: one of the many links leads to an article that is still asserting the current-orthodoxy view that Polio is caused by a virus, and cured - driven to extinction, even - by vaccines, despite both these assertions now looking distinctly dodgy, and due for binning.

Hi @RhisiartGwilym , I got caught up with the main text and didnā€™t check the links - good spot.

The other point I should have mentioned is- this is purely US stuff we donā€™t have a written constitution and what meagre rights in the Human Rights act are being dumped daily.

Our right to speak and be heard free of government or corporate censorship is of course fundamental for all our freedoms.

Cheers

This is not the usual Offg stuff weā€™ve suffered recently this material is crucial for all who care about personal freedom. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll enjoy it once it comes to the top of the. er ā€¦stack.

Cheers

1 Like

Had to bail out partway, Iā€™m afraid. But nice to see ā€˜quacksalverā€™ in amongst all the many many words.