5 Filters

200 people queue in sub-zero temperatures to eat at a soup kitchen

Is this skid-row in the 30s? Nope. Glasgow in 2021…

Tent cities next?

Bloody hell! What have we come to! And with such hyper-criminal heaps of unjustifiable excess wealth in the hands of a mere unnecessary-parasite few at the same time. That mind-echo of tumbrils and lamp-posts gets louder.

2 Likes

Awful. It could take a long time to serve 200 people; I wonder if many had to get the bus to the centre.
Still we need to keep money back in case we want to bomb Mars

1 Like

The best description of Musk that I ever saw was from JMGreer, who said something along the lines that he was the current champion at extracting subsidies from the US government, he having done nothing actually cost-effectively useful with any of his crack-brained fancies - including the absolutely pointless leccy-cars. This Mars rubbish seems like more typical overblown sucker-bait to me.

Give the techno-narcissists (Jim Kunstler’s description) a holodeck, and leave them to play their fantasy games. Meanwhile, the Long Descent away from hitech industri-civ grinds remorselessy on down.

1 Like

It’s very hard to tell the difference between Elon “we will coup who we want, get used to it” Musk and an internet troll.

Not doing too well with their Novi-Navalnyi failed coup, are they? Nor - er - Byelorussia. And whatever you do don’t say: “Hong Kong”! (Or Taiwan…)

Meanwhile, the outcome of the farcical US Capitol bison-horn coup has yet to be seen.

Musk for ‘World’s Most Irrelevant Wronghead’ award now!

3 Likes