5 Filters

SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern and variants under investigation in England Technical briefing 17 #PHE

Sounds to me like kamma: past actions shape what emerges now and, in turn, shape our futures. But there is agency (creative principle) and being conscious of the actual process, for some of the time at any rate, means that what emerges does not feel ‘fated’ or inevitable. Realising that our illusions of control (over microorganisms for example) are indeed illusions is threatening to the sense of self (consciousness) but an acceptance of that precarity, it is what it is, helps enormously. If that is what GK is hoping will be more widely realised, and soon, then I share that hope.

1 Like

People get “fate” (of the “Fates” or “Norns” who demanded Odin sacrifice an eye for wisdom in? Mímisbrunnr the well of Mimir “memory”. One must “see” one’s past or? Realise it to become conscious), and destiny mixed up, they are not the same. “Fate” is that with which one manifests, is born, with and that which our personal astrology identifies, “Destiny” is what we make of this “personal politics” for we may determine it ourselves (the etymology is fascinating), you follow? When the weather man says it’s raining I put on a raincoat. The Fates only dictate to the unconscious…

Norns

The threads are those of the “Spider-Goddess” “Arianrhod” in our (British), “Old” Religion…weaving fate that we must interpret. “Arian” = Silver “Rhod” = Wheel…Goddess of the Cycles of the Moon…“silver-wheel”… and “sew-on”…

1 Like

G, please see my previous answer. I’ll leave this conversation at that, I think.

I’ve never seen the Fates illustrated before, that’s rather good.

We have potentialities, and we have free will, kamma covers both.

Now to Google the image :+1:

I saw your answer…I’m talking about the principle of retro-causality there’s no need to huff…all one can do is point in the direction of an answer to these things…I thought you were familiar with the concept of retro-causality? Choice is the great creative principle…we choose either “to be or not to be” the “rub” is we have to live (literally), and die with our choices…if our choices don’t have consequences they are no choice at all…The ancient myths illustrate these universal truths..do you follow?

These are the “facts of life”, without the male principle of material manifestation mating with the female principle of the materially unmanifest… (thus the Ankh or ankle-strap…that which “goes forth”), the future* cannot be…if we do not realise the truth of these principles we remain trapped on the Wheel of Samsara…our dreams unrealised.

Hadith and Nuith, Arianrhod and Kernunnos…

*The apparent future of the unconscious (Nb. my “unconscious” and Jung’s “unconscious” are not the same thing here at all), is just “part of the dream”…the truly conscious experience no “partitioning” …those “demons” which lie deeper in the mind (sub-conscious and unconscious), coming under the control of enlightened awareness… that is the life free of slavery to want…where one’s needs and one’s wants… because potential has been realised and the energy harnessed…become one and the same and change their qualities as a result…the struggle to achieve this is “jihad!”

Retro Causality

Philip Pullman believes that the notion that our egos are the products of demons and that befriending these demons is inimical to life is false, his work is post Enlightenment in terms of psychology neo-Freudian/Jungian liberal…thus the ego can be our friend and our guide (longer post on this to come -maybe-); “me thinks the lady doth protest too much” (and has been for far too long), he embeds the “ego-destroying” philosophy he loathes in a catholic system as he rails against all those who proselytise for ego-death neatly dividing and ruling his opposition by polarising the debate for he ignores all the other religious/mystical systems which teach transcendence of ego and identifies the old-enemy of White Anglo-Saxon Protestantism as the guilty party…but guilty of what in this regard?

Demons

Why are we afraid of them? Is it because we fear losing our egos? Demons “demonstrate”…they are necessary…but to feed them to nurture them (as Thelemites do), is clearly ridiculous as they “demonstrate” that which we should not do…what we should avoid… (because such activity bolsters and strengthens our egos), this is what we fear failure, injury death. Thelemites would have us use this power (as we descend through the nine circles), for our own selfish desires…oxymoronic as the demonic realm is precisely where these desires come from!

feathered dinosaur

So how is this relevant to “Retro Causality”?

If one can accept for a moment that we otherwise reside in a potential/unrealised dream state (condemned to revolve on the Wheel of Samsara), one can perhaps imagine that it is only by reconciling ourselves to our own natures (realising their potential), that we may escape…for unless loved (this is where Mr. Pullman might understand how such spirituality differs markedly from that of the Catholic patriarchy), unless resolved we cannot escape the shackles of Chronos…the chains that bind are linked with fear and transference…in an ultimately real sense those creatures which preceded us on the evolutionary map do not properly exist unless we accept the necessity for them…we owe it to them to “make the leap” (as we have before), to this new state of evolution, of being…the ego has no place other than “as a thorn to remove another thorn”…then both are discarded… My Pan is all Philip, all creatures are my guides…this is why those with whom we currently share our planet are so very, very precious…

Baby Aardvark

Nb. “Strictly for the birds man!”

Thoth

To counterpoise one gnomic piece of barddoniaeth with another, G, I think this poem (below) is more lucid in its purposes :wink: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :

Fern Hill

Dylan Thomas - 1914-1953

Now as I was young and easy under the apple boughs
About the lilting house and happy as the grass was green,
The night above the dingle starry,
Time let me hail and climb
Golden in the heydays of his eyes,
And honoured among wagons I was prince of the apple towns
And once below a time I lordly had the trees and leaves
Trail with daisies and barley
Down the rivers of the windfall light.

And as I was green and carefree, famous among the barns
About the happy yard and singing as the farm was home,
In the sun that is young once only,
Time let me play and be
Golden in the mercy of his means,
And green and golden I was huntsman and herdsman, the calves
Sang to my horn, the foxes on the hills barked clear and cold,
And the sabbath rang slowly
In the pebbles of the holy streams.

All the sun long it was running, it was lovely, the hay
Fields high as the house, the tunes from the chimneys, it was air
And playing, lovely and watery
And fire green as grass.
And nightly under the simple stars
As I rode to sleep the owls were bearing the farm away,
All the moon long I heard, blessed among stables, the nightjars
Flying with the ricks, and the horses
Flashing into the dark.

And then to awake, and the farm, like a wanderer white
With the dew, come back, the cock on his shoulder: it was all
Shining, it was Adam and maiden,
The sky gathered again
And the sun grew round that very day.
So it must have been after the birth of the simple light
In the first, spinning place, the spellbound horses walking warm
Out of the whinnying green stable
On to the fields of praise.

And honoured among foxes and pheasants by the gay house
Under the new made clouds and happy as the heart was long,
In the sun born over and over,
I ran my heedless ways,
My wishes raced through the house high hay
And nothing I cared, at my sky blue trades, that time allows
In all his tuneful turning so few and such morning songs
Before the children green and golden
Follow him out of grace,

Nothing I cared, in the lamb white days, that time would take me
Up to the swallow thronged loft by the shadow of my hand,
In the moon that is always rising,
Nor that riding to sleep
I should hear him fly with the high fields
And wake to the farm forever fled from the childless land.
Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
Time held me green and dying
Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

1 Like

#BoysofSummer Now the Dead-Head sticker graces a bent fender in a desert scrapyard…Thomas was not an “unrealised” man he felt that ocean of consciousness…time is not what we are (usually), taught it is…even conventional physicists are beginning to grasp this… Nb. Khaos is an ocean of “unconsciousness”

People like Pullman and Dawkins (and many others esp. the “particle worshipping” acolytes of these nepotists), claim to study history, however, most of their studies begin with the Enlightenment and with the notion than “scientific method” was some how its “invention”. What preceded the Enlightenment in Europe? Centuries (in-fact a millennia or more), of theological enquiry* that fundamentalist (for such they are), “Year Zero” types dismiss as irrelevant to illumination. Those that have no history have no future thus to trivialise and marginalise the politics of religious inquiry (for this is what the dark and middle ages represent in Europe), undermines the foundations on which to build our philosophies. It matters not whether one espouses religious belief or no, in order to comprehend our present and speculate with any credibility about our future it is surely beholden on one to understand those issues which so exercised us in the past. The “smells-bells-and-do-dahs” (or not as the Puritanical case may be), may (and often did), disguise a multitude of sins, however, the reasons for belief are profound and cannot be understood simply by dismissing all thought that pertains to such as the product of superstitious, uninformed humanity, the attitude of mind that practices and encourages these notions is guilty of the most self-serving and lazy minded propagandising. Pullman at least addresses some of the issues regarding institutionalised religion but I’m really not sure he understands them and I’m very much afraid that he chucks the baby out with the bathwater. Respect your past and those who populate it, don’t assume you know better, evolution is not a “linear event”…

Antikythera-Mechanism

*Thinkers such as Dante and Erasmus.