5 Filters

Media Lens 'climate change', vs Daily Skeptic, somewhat of a poll of 5F posters

Right

So he didnt believe that viruses exist and he didnt believe covid exists and he advocated against life saving medication. For those who were dying.

And this is the guy to believe on scientific matters?

As I have said zero credibility…

I understand your statement that complex systems are hard to accurately forecast, but Kit is on another planet of BS when it comes to scientific matters.

Ai yai yai…

2 Likes

P, the viruses thing is legitimate. It’s OK for any journalist to point out that it’s in contention. It IS! I stand in a state of being uncertain myself about whether virus theory belongs with phlogiston and the geo-centric solar system, in the discard bin of the history of science. It seems that that may be so. And if it is, and if it gets acknowledged to be so, my god, think of the red-faced gobbling and scurrying about which the gocos of the virus establishment are going to do, as that happens. :rofl:

And I’d point out that - amongst others - the careful testimony-takers and evidence-sifters at Reiner Fuellmich’s tribunal have concluded that - quoting Reiner - there was no pandemic. I think that that too is a legitimate assertion, which history - I suspect - is going to prove correct.

But yes, there is a strange, horrible and sometimes lethal flu about: seized and blown up criminally out of all proportion by shysters on the make. And yes, ivermectin, though not the best treatment (that’s C!) has proven both harmless and helpful.

It seems to me that none of the above disqualifies Kit as a legitimate journalistic commentator, doing what a real journalist should do - and getting things wrong sometimes, as happens.

I too treat Kit, and some of the Off-G stances, with a large pinch of salt. But you can’t just write them off. Warts and all, they house some good stuff, and make a vital contribution to the urgently-needed dissident real journalism for our utterly corrupt times.

As a further example of Kit getting things wrong, he states in the Jerm interview that there is no population overshoot - another wrong-headed editorial stance that the Off-G crew espouse - and cites currently falling fertility rates (in SOME countries!) as ‘proof’. But that canard can be seen instantly as the error that it is, when you consider that in any overshoot episode, the time when birth-rate drops begin to appear is one of the standard, late-in-the-game processes which actually brings about the spontaneous Gaian resolution of the episode: Yes, Kit, the rates are falling! That’s what happens in an authentic overshoot, towards its latter half. Hello!

From his public-school accent, and one or two other straws in the wind, I get the intuition that Kit will turn out to be one of those children of the privileged classes - you can name several more, can’t you P? - who start young adulthood as renegades; often embracing troskyism, for example, but who slip right back into the reactionary-privilege attitudes of their class, thoroughly imbibed in childhood, as they age. (The name ‘Hitchens’ springs to mind…)

Quite likely, I suspect, that Kit will go that trajectory. Yet still, his present-day journalism is worthwhile. Just treat him - and everyone else! - as inherently thin ice, and don’t ever put too much weight on any of them… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

PS: My hunch is that Kit and colleagues embrace the ‘no population overshoot’ error because - unscientifically, and in particular, un-numerately - they’re charmed by Matthew Ehret’s delusional cornucopianism. Not quite as bleakly ridiculous as the Kurzweil/Hariri startrekkytechietechie, growth’n’PROGRESS!forever technonarcissim delusion, perhaps, but still as laughable; a different version of growth’n’PROGRESS!forever, in fact. God, we do love our delusions, don’t we! (Note to self: be constantly aware of that fact, sunshine…!) :rofl:

PPS: I seem to have invented a new acute-left doctrine, called ‘troskyism’. Not to be confused with trotskyism, of course…

Hi @CJ1

I’m sorry that I hurt your feelings. I do apologise, and I’ll change my tone. I was letting my frustration.show at having to answer the same points ove and over.

I hope that you do re-read what I’ve said. I think you’ll find that I’ve answered your questions and your concerns regarding the material points many many many times.

Cheers
PP

PS ive deleted the post. Cheers

4 Likes

Hi Pontius

Well where did I suggest going to Kit Knightley for science. I think you’ve skipped past my main point which was about the politics that may be behind certain science.

We all need to locate scientists that seem credible but the public interface is becoming increasingly political. If for example, you think all the science pure and is free of politics then you will be misled on many areas. I don’t know Knightley or for that matter, OffGuardian very well but it seems to me they investigate the politics of the science. That seems to me their main use but their science judgements are more of a leap and I’d suggest if someone has a handle on the politics then rather than stick with their conclusions on the science, they should switch to investigating the science that they have found is being ignored. Bad science politics is a guide to when the science might be wrong or overwrought. To me, trying to follow the path of politics-aware science is the most likely to reach science conclusions that are liable to stand up to objective scrutiny. Cheers

2 Likes

Hi @PontiusPrimate , thanks for your kind reply I am notorious for getting on people’s nerves so no problems.
I will try and make sure my opinions are backed up by some precedents and let people know when its just intuition!

Cheers

PS I’ve deleted my response to the one you deleted, cheers.

4 Likes

Let’s hear nothing said against intuition! ( :slight_smile: ) Not in this psi-deficient culture: a seriously underestimated - and un-understood - part of our natural capabilities…

But yeah - has to be used with disciplined care, though, to not be tripped up by wishful thinking.

1 Like

the response i’ve made to Kit Knightley and Off Guardian is this: Didier Raoult and Peter McCullough and other doctors who were actually faced with extremely sick patients, developed new treatment protocols based on cheap repurposed drugs along with vitamins an antibiotics. These doctors have proven their courage and dedication to healing They are also top researchers with hundreds of peer reviewed articles. NONE of these doctors disagree with the consensus that covid is NOT the flu. McCullough has stated clearly that Covid is not the flu, that Covid symptoms are NOT the same as flu symptoms, especially when Covid gets to the stage of putting someone’s life in danger.

Well, you catch my basic arguement. I always included McCullough’s into to his protocol, which states clearly that Covid is not the flu.

Off guardian’s response was that I was ‘arguing from authority’, which is true, but authorities are used in court cases, so it’s not an unheard of way of getting to the truth.

So, frankly I think Off Guardian, if they really wanted to discuss the issue, would deal with the reality of great doctors and researchers, proven mavericks when need arises, agree that Covid is real and is NOT the flu.

3 Likes

Well something’s going around now. I have three old personal friends who are all down right now with something approximating a rather nasty, and unseasonal, Summer cold; so they describe it, as they recover at home, without unusual treatments.

And the mediawhores are harping on just now about ‘sharp rises in cases of covid’ (identified how exactly, I wonder; simply by media declaration…?).

All my encounters with it, whether as recipient or collector of anecdotes from my direct personal circle, suggest that it seems pretty fluey - though with some atypical extra nastiness. Though, to be precise, it never affected me, in my vitamin-soused state, like a real illness at all; more like just an increase in tired laziness for three days. The second encounter, around the omicron-panic time, was no more than a fleeting overnight buzziness, then gone. Ditto two neighbours of mine, from whom I imagine I got it.

OTOH, my friends - all of whom admit to at least one poison-stab - are having an unpleasant, though by no stretch hospitalisable or life-threatening, illness.

I think I’m becoming a fully-fledged anti-vaxer… (ALL vaccines).

2 Likes

Well said, @Everyman, I couldn’t agree more. I would simply say that there is a difference between “arguing from authority” and quoting experts who have done many repeated experiments and trials. Quoting an expert who says “In my opinion, xyz is the truth” is a very different proposition to quoting an expert who says “I’ve treated 500 people with this regimen and 4 out of 5 got better”.

To call the second an “argument from authority” simply illustrates how closed minded Kit and the OffG team have become.

Cheers
PP

2 Likes

Hey Rhis, very strange to see that post. I’m just getting over a ‘three day flu’ of some kind, here in the south of france, beautiful weather, i’m a healthy man, ok I don’t eat perfectly healthy but i do eat. generally i try and get rid of an approaching paunch but sometimes i buy a tub of ice cream and eat it all at once, maybe that brought on my illness

well getting around to that illness, today is saturday, a friend told me last sunday she was down with the flu, fever, aches, and then she was over it but on tuesday night it started hitting me, here are the symptoms: intense body aches, fever, NO headache, NO stopped up nose, but very intense painful SORE THROAT, i mean it felt like a treble hook was down my esophogas and being slowly pulled up.

i was never incapacitated, though i did stay in bed reading Sea People, about the polynesian triangle and its occupation by humans, and the iliad, in french. as an aside let me say that the Iliad is the most explicit violence you’ll ever read, line after line of ‘the point of his lance entered the nape of his opponent’s neck (he neames them all, by the way, which reduces the anonomyity of war) and came out of his mouth, severing the tongue at its root and breaking through his teeth and as he fell his eyes turned to shadows’.

anyway, I’m almost over it, but it was nasty, very nasty, i took aspirin vitamin c, i had one ivermectin i took it yesterday, vitamin D, though i had a sore throat in the middle of the night i feel basically done with it now.

my question, wtf is this? a summer flu? ‘going around’? my friend who also got it says they are putting in the ac systems to up the case numbers, again seeing more and more masks here, and they’re talking about bringing back the vaxx pass…anyway add me to your list, very strange!

2 Likes

My current guesstimate of what’s going on goes like this:

Start from the cautious assumption that we still don’t know with any absolute confidence whether ‘virus theory’ is sound, or one of those theses of yesteryear which is now scheduled for history’s discard bin.

But - we do know, with increasing confidence now, that various factions of the world’s powers-that-shouldn’t-be have been tinkering secretly with any possibly-pandemicable pathogens that they can find (even including, FFS!, samples recovered from long-dead corpses frozen in the Arctic, in search of the pandemics of the past).

The purpose - obviously - being to find manageable, putatively-viral disease vectors (preferably racially-targetted!) which can be used as weapons of mass destruction.

Recently, somewhere - my current guesses being in the Ukraine, or in Fort Detrick, or just maybe under the control of a US-comprador Chinese researcher in China - but in any case all under USAmerican control, some sort of respiratory, rather flu-like nasty was developed, as the gics’ tame mengeles have been trying to do for some time.

It may be that this was field-tested on unwitting Africans, to get a better idea of how it performs en masse. Gates and others seem to have been up to that in Africa; and Gates is now persona non grata in India for precisely that sort of shenanigan played on inadequately informed tribal girls.

Some time in the past five or so years, a secret decision was taken by some clique of footloose globalist gics to give this pathogen a larger-scale tryout, with full-on propaganda rail-roading by all the obedient Western mediawhores and pocket-pols, to see how it would work out on that scale. And at the same time, a big windfall of loot for the BPh crooks could be scammed. And also another quite different but equally-promising disease vector could be secretly tried out, in the form of injecting huge numbers of carefully-deluded human guinea-pigs with experimental pathogenic proteins that seem to have the property of sterilising victims, and also bringing about a range of delayed sequelae illnesses - cancers, heart-failures, etc. - that could have a ‘useful’ - but plausibly-deniable - culling effect.

This all sounds like a wild cospithirry, I know. But lately it’s started to feel less like that, and more like a sober probable truth about the depths of villainy to which the demonic component in the human demon/angel siamese-twin can sink - quite easily, in fact. The events of the past two-plus years have made that consternated realisation creep into the minds of a lot more people.

So - the mengeled illness which is now loose in the world has some flu-like characteristics, but it seems to be atypical of flus: a bit fiercer, with variant symptoms, but essentially, in its IFR, not much worse than average flus - less than half a percentage point, apparently. But a quasi-flu, moreover, which nevertheless enables a massive dishonest experiment with injectable population-reduction drugs; which also yield a tidy profit in passing too.

What’s not to like, for a demonic gic?

I put this up as just a possible scenario, with no more certainty than that. Ten years ago, I know it would have been ridiculed as overheated imagination, even in the alt-thinking communities. Now, though, after recent experiences, not so much…

One saving aspect of this whole vast con seems to be that this pathogen - whatever it is - is just as susceptible as any other to being endemicised into an annoying, but minor, recurring nuisance of normal life, which is nevertheless still no match for a fully-functional, vigorous natural immune system. Something, btw, which the poison-stabs seem to be able to disable, to some degree; normal, natural immune systems, I mean. Hence the increased susceptibility to covid which the stabbees, especially the multiply-stabbed, are manifesting.

1 Like

I understand your statement that complex systems are hard to accurately forecast, but Kit is on another planet of BS when it comes to scientific matters.

100%. In the last year or so OffG really has painted themselves into a corner, to the extent that I’m increasingly suspicious about their motives. The zealotry and the tone are egregious and the tendency of moderators to butt in and ridicule below-the -line contributions (@RhisiartGwilym has been on the receiving end, as I recall) seems to signal a party line that’s being defended.

It’s not that I think the site has been got at, though I do wonder (a generous contribution from some think tank or other?) but that it has so clearly become just another place to go and argue online. Instead of actually doing something. I guess pandemia was a factor in this, what else was there to do when stepping out your door was potentially going to get you fined?

Edit: quote added at top so it’s clearer which post I’m focusing on.

3 Likes

That sounds very like where I was about two months ago. I’m glad you’re feeling better. It took me an extra two weeks to get back into “eating a whole tub of ice cream territory”(I’m more of a salty snacks type, though, so crisps are my gluttonous fetish).

Meantime my sister has had much the same symptoms, which she had called flu, and likewise her 17 year old son, but that was covid. The distinction based entirely on one of several lateral flow tests that showed two red lines. Posted to Facebook natch.

2 Likes

PS: There’s a theory amongst the lollers in the Groves of Academe that Homer - if he really was just one person - was possibly a surgeon. It’s been remarked often just how detailed his knowledge of physical traumas seems to be, as shown by the descriptions in both Iliad and Odyssey. He also invokes a range of remarkably vivid poesy to describe the moment of death: the departure of the soul - as if he’d witnessed that himself often as a doctor. Your given example, E, contains an instance of that, as well as of injuries described with precision.

1 Like

Well spotted, K. Off-Gs mods have been moved a couple of times to argue with me, after seeing one of my btl posts. I must have nettled something. :slight_smile:

They really don’t like the idea that there’s a population-overshoot going on with hom-sap. And they don’t seem to cotton to the idea that one can see this as an obvious fact of reality, without necessarily being amongst the eugenicists, just because you call a spade by its right name. The ideas: “I despise and reject eugenics; but yes there really is a natural, spontaneous overshoot going on”, taken together, seem to cause real cognitive dissonance in poor Sophie! :slight_smile:

They also seem to lean towards the mystical cornucopianism of Matthew Ehret and like-thinkers: technology and the mythic, indescribably-inventive human imagination, if only it would be applied benevolently, could ‘save the world’ whilst simultaneously accommodating many more billions of humans, all living in peace and prosperity… Yeah, right!

Still, I find Off-G well worth a look. Plenty of solid, good stuff. They seem like authentic alt-commentators right now; I don’t get any aroma of them being bought and steered, like say ‘The Intercept’; not yet, anyway. And Catte in particular doesn’t strike me as one easily bought - or easily threatened.

2 Likes

Just for the record, I’m still a big fan of Off Guardian and read just about everything they post. For example, here’s their latest connected with ‘climate change’ or if you prefer, climate change.

Is this actually linked to climate change? It looks like it’s concerned with Nitrous Oxides (acid.rain problems) and.river pollution, rather than climate change and CO2…

Maybe I’m wrong, this is from one article on the subject

Dutch farmers turned out in their thousands to speak out against the World Economic Forum (WEF) climate change policies of their government.

From the article

Prime Minister Mark Rutte’s Government says the emissions of nitrogen oxide and ammonia, which livestock produce, must be drastically cut back close to nature areas, which are part of a network of protected habitats for endangered plants and wildlife stretching across the EU.

Nothing about carbon or climate. Looks like an anti-pollution policy to protect waterways and prevent acid rain and other toxic effects. It also looks (as I said to Rob) like part of the eat less meat agenda.

Cheers
PP

PS I found it quite amusing that after I said

to Rhis above, you corroborate one of Kit’s pieces with an article from… The Daily Express!

1 Like